I Have Built A Brick Wall In My Mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky's Son

Dang It To Heck,

Writer's Block has hit me hard. I am a non-fiction writer, placing my big toe in the still waters that run deep in fiction writing. I write what I know. Yet, I am under servere constraints not to write about what I really know.

My first book (487 page manuscript, cut down to 325 pagers by my former publisher as a Trade Paperback) Computer- End Program, ISBN 1-4137-2496-5 was a breeze to create due to the fact that I had the ability to chronicle each event that occured (names changed of course.)

At the time of this writing, I am mulling over casting real individuals into one charactor and so forth. Sub-plots are a pain in the CPU (Central Processing Unit). (That reminds me, I MUST get Spell Check! My twelve year old Webster's Dictionary is so dog-eared and falling apart. Plus I am a lazy guy. Why spend the time looking up words that are in a book, when you can just press a button!?)

Hey, look at this! I am writing again! Okay, it is only a community of aspiring, and published authors - Yet, I am writing again! Watch-out, here comes that Big Ball to take a hard whack at the Writer's Block-Head!

Gary Rogers

Last edited:

wayndom

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it's me, but I've read your post three times now, and can't figure out what it means.

lfraser

Bored and Frantic
Registered
Reaction score
If you read through the posts here you'll find that being stuck is a commonly heard complaint around here. Just keep at it and the stuckness will go away. Honest.

Rocky's Son

My Father

The reason I am usining a different Handle Name is to celebrate my father's life. He passed ( at thirty years old ) away fifty years - ago last month.

Gary Rogers

Rocky's Son

Still Blocked!

I can't get the "muck-and-mire" out of my mind. I have taken deep breaths and some Valium - Baddy-Bing it does not work! I even have taken frequent; but, to no avail.

Gary Rogers

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Try filling the well up by reading a good book, perhaps?

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
If you haven't done so, TAKE A BREAK! Relax and don't force the creative process. When I feel a wall going up, I have to step back and reassess the situation. Usually it's lack of sleep and stress.

Try to find time alone in a quiet place. Usually the mind generates strange ideas that reboot the creativity, after an occasional complete shutdown (sleep). Before you know it, you've defragged the harddrive and everything runs smoothly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.