Reputation comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPfeif

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey, i haven't found this anywhere. But what's the unwritten rule regarding the ah, reputation comments you get? Someone expresses a little encouragement or a little comment on a post, do you write back? if so, which is the most minimal...standard way of going about that?

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
I dont think it is required that you comment back, but it is polite to do so. Just tell them thanks for the point. If you like you can find any post they have made and click on the rep point icon and send them one back thanking them for their rep point.

yer pal Brian

Koobie

Super Duper Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tyrovogel.com
I usually give people rep points as thanks for helpful crits, especially if they take time to line-edit. Sometimes I also give it if a post makes me laugh, or if I just feel like saying something silly to the person and don't feel like using the PM function. :D

Koobie

Super Duper Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tyrovogel.com
JoNightshade: registered rep abuser. :D
plz don't ban me.

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Where do you read the rep point messages?

I'm sure I don't have any yet since I just joined here, I was just curious since I haven't seen an option for it in the user control panel.

EDIT: I take that back. I have received a rep point. So I guess I know where to go now in the User CP. Can't miss it! ;)

Last edited:

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No rules really, just a way of letting folks know what you think about posts or anything, or a cheerful helloo-warm hug, or EEk, a blasted neg rep!

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Shoot, I'm glad you brought that up. I'm only used to checking PMs. I didn't realize people posted rep comments. They're going to think I'm such a snob! Yikes. I'll have to remedy that right away.
Linnea

Reaction score
I usually forget to rep people back for sending me points. I don't think that's the way to go personally, if we rep people just for repping us.

I usually just send points for posts that either make a very good, articulate point, or make me laugh.

Oh, and when people insult Rllgthunder and Haggis. :D

DocBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Tee hee, I guess to get the first few rep points around here, all you have to do is ask!

Thanks to those who gave me a rep point for my inquiry.

Ignorance has never been so satisfying! ;)

JaidaJones

Needs a spicy avatar - PM submissions to Mac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ladyjaida.livejournal.com
I didn't even know that rep points existed until I read this thread. OOPS. But now I know the secret to getting a spicy original avatar--too bad I don't have enough rep points for that yet! ;)

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Shoot, I'm glad you brought that up. I'm only used to checking PMs. I didn't realize people posted rep comments. They're going to think I'm such a snob! Yikes. I'll have to remedy that right away.
Linnea

Don't worry - Newbies are exempt from a few things because you are, well, newbies. :) Glad you have joined us. Welcome.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a rep whore

When people rep you, you reply by repping ME. I'm the go-between.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
So that's where all my rep points have been going!

I'm a little backed up at the moment. Let me check:

your reps are numbers 12,056-12,467 on my waiting list. Should come by December.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would, but it would be turning you on to the more habit forming drugs this society has to offer.

Just say no.

DocBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Neither did I, but I still don't know where to find them... can someone point me to them?

Like I said in my post, you receive the messages on the opening page of your User Control Panel (it's the User CP link at the top of the forum boxes but below all the header crap for the page.)

You can apply reputation by clicking on the little white scale icon at the bottom of the name boxes on the left side of the page.

Hope that helps!

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I tend to reply to the Rep Point via PM, if it's a question or I want to comment back. I don't know that it's necessary to thank people for EVERY rep point, any more than it's necessary to thank someone who waves at you (in a friendly manner-- ;) ) when you're driving. The person repping you doesn't always post in the thread where you've posted, so tracking them down can be tricky.

JMHO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.