AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: A scam some crooked manager and so called agent tried.......

JustinoIV

A scam some crooked manager and so called agent tried.......

A producer claimed that some people were interested in a horror script and he's like to pass it on. They'd want to attach themselves. Supposedly it was going to be a done deal.

So anyway, I give him permission to submit to those people. It turns out they were two screenwriters supposedly under a couple of work for hire deadlines. They wanted to rewrite my script, and submit it to their agent with all of their names on it. After they read my script they just asked that I mail it to the agent (I did not sign any agreement with them, nor did they rewrite my script).

I rejected the entire deal. What would have happened is that any proceeds from the sale would have been divided up between myself, and the other two screenwriters, and the manager would have taken 25%.

So I would have gotten 25% of a script I wrote (actually less, because the agent would have taken 10%). The deal would have been for $50000 (the script sale). Agent would have taken 10%, and I would have taken $10,000.

So after telling all parties no, I then decided I only deal with mainstream agents.

ncq13

Re: A scam some crooked manager and so called agent tried...

Ummm... Can you please let us know who this is so we can all stay far, far, away?
    Thank you!
    Kate

JustinoIV

Re: A scam some crooked manager and so called agent tried...

I don't know that I want to say it on the board, but email me at wcheers97@hotmail.com and I'll give you additional info/details.