Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: [Publisher] Snowbooks, Ltd.

Anyone heard from them recently? I'm in a holding pattern. Subbed to them 26 Oct, no word yet.

--Dev

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar
    You're probably safe to send a gentle nudge when it hits three months - when I subbed Shade Fright in December 2008, they made the offer to publish in May 2009, so just a hair over five months.

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Thanks, Saskatoonistan! I'll give it a little more time, and I'll be sure to post any news.

--Dev

Well, damn, I should've just checked the spam filter. Turns out, my R from Anna arrived on January 7.

--Dev

Sorry to hear that

Keep on working at it and if you have anything else, send it to them. They're a great publisher.

My Website. Twitter.

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Where did I put me specs? euclid's Avatar
    I submitted my new book today. My first submission of this book anywhere.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed!
    My web site http://www.jjtoner.net/
    I'm on Twitter @jjtoner_YA

So. They do respond, yes?
    "You're not a schmuck. You're just sort of a schmuck."-Giant Baby 2010

"Actually, I take that back. There's no 'sort of' about it."-Giant Baby 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzle View Post
    So. They do respond, yes?
    Yep - I know they're completely buried with stuff right now so their response time can be slow. For my first book with them, I waited about six months. The London Book Fair is this month, so I know there's a whack of preparation for that...

Hang in there!

My Website. Twitter.

Thx. It seems I've a book with them at 5 mos and waiting. Spam filters are clean, so. *sigh*

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Snowbooks usually responds more quickly than that: five months is not typical. You might want to nudge them very gently--but if you do, you would be wise to wait two or three weeks as they are horribly busy right now.

Thanks. I'll guess I'll have to do that. *sigh* I'm not a huge fan of nudging, so no bother to me to wait a bit longer.
    Last edited by Twizzle; 04-04-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: i canna spellz

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzle View Post
    Thanks. I'll guess I'll have to do that. *sigh* I'm not a huge fan of nudging, so no bother to me to wait a bit longer.

Nothing at all wrong with sending a nudge. The folks at Snowbooks are very nudgeable.

My Website. Twitter.

Good to know, Sean. I may be lost in spam. I submitted a novel in early August and nudged gently 3 months later. Heard nothing. I asked if it was still under consideration after they'd had it 6 months. Still didn't get a response. It's been 8 months as of today since I first sent in my novel.

kap
    Horror with Heart
    -----------
    Struck - Lightning isn't always an act of nature. Sometimes it's a calling.
    Dark Knowledge - When good and evil intertwine, taking one means accepting the other.
    Above Haldis Notch - Vengeance doesn't always end at the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    Good to know, Sean. I may be lost in spam. I submitted a novel in early August and nudged gently 3 months later. Heard nothing. I asked if it was still under consideration after they'd had it 6 months. Still didn't get a response. It's been 8 months as of today since I first sent in my novel.

kap
    That's an unusually long time - send a nudge again and see what happens.

My Website. Twitter.

Thanks, Sean. I may nudge from my yahoo email address in case I'm landing in the spam file.

kap
    Horror with Heart
    -----------
    Dark Knowledge - When good and evil intertwine, taking one means accepting the other.

practical experience, FTW MickRooney's Avatar

kap
    Wooh horsey, wooh! Way too long for Snowbooks - they are first class for UK Independent publishers. I submitted to them last year, and know of others too who got reasonably prompt responses. Up till Nov 09, their response was 10 - 12 weeks max. I suspect they have got busier this year, but not 8 months busier. Something has gone pear-shaped with your submission - quite probably grappling in the web of spam filters.

Okay, resubmitted from a different email address w/return receipt requested. Thanks for the advice.

kap

ETA: The plot thickens. I resubmitted from a different email address but the same domain, keithpyeatt.com. I got back what appears to be an automated message from the editor's address at Snowbooks telling me my email "was deleted without being read." So either I somehow made a really, REALLY bad impression or something is whacked with my email.

I figured one more try. I sent the same message via a comcast address.
    Last edited by KAP; 04-05-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: addition info
    Horror with Heart
    -----------

Okay, resubmitted from a different email address w/return receipt requested. Thanks for the advice.

kap

ETA: The plot thickens. I resubmitted from a different email address but the same domain, keithpyeatt.com. I got back what appears to be an automated message from the editor's address at Snowbooks telling me my email "was deleted without being read." So either I somehow made a really, REALLY bad impression or something is whacked with my email.

I figured one more try. I sent the same message via a comcast address.

Good luck on this KAP. If it helps, my Shaw internet account sometimes blocks me from the Snowbooks website and that's one of the reasons I don't use the Shaw account to email - I do all my correspondence with Snowbooks via Gmail.

My Website. Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoonistan View Post
    Nothing at all wrong with sending a nudge. The folks at Snowbooks are very nudgeable.
    I'm sure they are, and I'll check with them in a few weeks if I don't hear anything. But it's sincerely not that- a fear of nudging. Honestly, can't say I've ever had the need. My rejections (and acceptances) have always come, sooner or later. Maybe I've gotten lucky, but I've never had anything I cared about that didn't eventually bounce back. So, not a fan. Never saw the need. But like I said, in this case it seems I should check in soon.

If anyone who has submitted and hasn't heard anything would like to send along their email addresses to me, I can make sure that Snowbooks gets them. I corresponded with Snowbooks about the matter and some of you might have got caught in the spam filter. So if you like, send me your email and I will make sure they get it.

My Website. Twitter.

Thanks so much, Sean. I sent you an email with the email addresses I used.

kap
    Horror with Heart
    -----------

Got it and message passed

My Website. Twitter.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Anyone hear anything from Snowbooks lately?

practical experience, FTW

Snowbooks

Funny you should ask, Creole Lady, I've just subbed, and I wondered if anyone had an idea what their turnaround time is at the mo? Post-Crimbo can be a very busy time, and since Snowbooks seem to be doing very well, I expect every man and his dog have submitted at this time of year.

We'll, this doggie has, anyhoo. Is 3 months a fair wait?

I've checked their books out at the local Waterstones, and I'm very impressed. The more I research Snowbooks, the more fabby they appear.

Quite impressive.
    Last edited by Brindle MacWuff; 01-06-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: crap spolling

I submitted a manuscript to Snowbooks on 4/23/10 and received a 'not for us' on 6/10/10.
    See ya--
    Daddyo
    Website
    Blog
    RIVER BOTTOM BLUES--now available at the usual suspects and Barking Rain Press
    THE DEVIL'S BLUES--Ditto.
    HOWLING MOUNTAIN BLUES--Ditto too

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast