• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Snowbooks, Ltd.

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard from them recently? I'm in a holding pattern. Subbed to them 26 Oct, no word yet.

--Dev

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
You're probably safe to send a gentle nudge when it hits three months - when I subbed Shade Fright in December 2008, they made the offer to publish in May 2009, so just a hair over five months.

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Saskatoonistan! I'll give it a little more time, and I'll be sure to post any news.

--Dev

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
Well, damn, I should've just checked the spam filter. Turns out, my R from Anna arrived on January 7.

--Dev

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
I submitted my new book today. My first submission of this book anywhere.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed!

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
So. They do respond, yes?

Yep - I know they're completely buried with stuff right now so their response time can be slow. For my first book with them, I waited about six months. The London Book Fair is this month, so I know there's a whack of preparation for that...

Hang in there! :)

Twizzle

Cluck that.
Registered
Reaction score
Thx. :) It seems I've a book with them at 5 mos and waiting. Spam filters are clean, so. *sigh*

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Snowbooks usually responds more quickly than that: five months is not typical. You might want to nudge them very gently--but if you do, you would be wise to wait two or three weeks as they are horribly busy right now.

Twizzle

Cluck that.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll guess I'll have to do that. *sigh* I'm not a huge fan of nudging, so no bother to me to wait a bit longer. :)

Last edited:

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
Good to know, Sean. I may be lost in spam. I submitted a novel in early August and nudged gently 3 months later. Heard nothing. I asked if it was still under consideration after they'd had it 6 months. Still didn't get a response. It's been 8 months as of today since I first sent in my novel.

kap

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Good to know, Sean. I may be lost in spam. I submitted a novel in early August and nudged gently 3 months later. Heard nothing. I asked if it was still under consideration after they'd had it 6 months. Still didn't get a response. It's been 8 months as of today since I first sent in my novel.

kap

That's an unusually long time - send a nudge again and see what happens.

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
Thanks, Sean. I may nudge from my yahoo email address in case I'm landing in the spam file.

kap

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com

kap

Wooh horsey, wooh! Way too long for Snowbooks - they are first class for UK Independent publishers. I submitted to them last year, and know of others too who got reasonably prompt responses. Up till Nov 09, their response was 10 - 12 weeks max. I suspect they have got busier this year, but not 8 months busier. Something has gone pear-shaped with your submission - quite probably grappling in the web of spam filters.

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
Okay, resubmitted from a different email address w/return receipt requested. Thanks for the advice.

kap

ETA: The plot thickens. I resubmitted from a different email address but the same domain, keithpyeatt.com. I got back what appears to be an automated message from the editor's address at Snowbooks telling me my email "was deleted without being read." So either I somehow made a really, REALLY bad impression or something is whacked with my email.

I figured one more try. I sent the same message via a comcast address.

Last edited:

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Okay, resubmitted from a different email address w/return receipt requested. Thanks for the advice.

kap

ETA: The plot thickens. I resubmitted from a different email address but the same domain, keithpyeatt.com. I got back what appears to be an automated message from the editor's address at Snowbooks telling me my email "was deleted without being read." So either I somehow made a really, REALLY bad impression or something is whacked with my email.

I figured one more try. I sent the same message via a comcast address.

Good luck on this KAP. If it helps, my Shaw internet account sometimes blocks me from the Snowbooks website and that's one of the reasons I don't use the Shaw account to email - I do all my correspondence with Snowbooks via Gmail.

Twizzle

Cluck that.
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing at all wrong with sending a nudge. The folks at Snowbooks are very nudgeable.

I'm sure they are, and I'll check with them in a few weeks if I don't hear anything. But it's sincerely not that- a fear of nudging. Honestly, can't say I've ever had the need. My rejections (and acceptances) have always come, sooner or later. Maybe I've gotten lucky, but I've never had anything I cared about that didn't eventually bounce back. So, not a fan. Never saw the need. But like I said, in this case it seems I should check in soon.

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
If anyone who has submitted and hasn't heard anything would like to send along their email addresses to me, I can make sure that Snowbooks gets them. I corresponded with Snowbooks about the matter and some of you might have got caught in the spam filter. So if you like, send me your email and I will make sure they get it.

:)

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
Thanks so much, Sean. I sent you an email with the email addresses I used.

kap

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
Snowbooks

Funny you should ask, Creole Lady, I've just subbed, and I wondered if anyone had an idea what their turnaround time is at the mo? Post-Crimbo can be a very busy time, and since Snowbooks seem to be doing very well, I expect every man and his dog have submitted at this time of year.

We'll, this doggie has, anyhoo. Is 3 months a fair wait?

I've checked their books out at the local Waterstones, and I'm very impressed. The more I research Snowbooks, the more fabby they appear.

Quite impressive.

Last edited: