• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Snowbooks, Ltd.

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Oh I am SOOOOOOOOOOO going to accept their offer! I've read five of their books which are available at my local bookstore in the tiny metropolis of Saskatoon. Fantastic cover art, good editing, great stories. Hell yeah, I am TOTALLY doing this! :)

I am tickled to death people on here are excited for me. It has been a surreal twelve hours since I got the email from them. Wow. Biggest thing that has happened in my life since my son was born nineteen years ago.

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
How awesome!! Congratulations, Sean! That's wonderful news! Celebration time indeed! :hooray::partyguy::partyguy::Sun::hooray:

smcc360

I've Got An MFA In LEO
Registered
Reaction score
That's great! Congratulations, and please let us know how it goes.

Oh, and if you don't want anybody to know where you live, that's fine. Just say so. You don't have to make up words like 'Saskatoon'. ;)

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
That's great! Congratulations, and please let us know how it goes.

Oh, and if you don't want anybody to know where you live, that's fine. Just say so. You don't have to make up words like 'Saskatoon'. ;)

Not many people know this, but Saskatoon is the center of the known universe. True story!

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Who do you submit to, Emma Barnes or Rob Jones?

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. And congratulations again.

MerielNowandThen

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Saskatoonistan!

Does Snowbooks answer all submissions? Even if it's a rejection? And how long to you have to wait after you submit to hear good news?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Snowbooks does answer all submissions, even if only to reject your book. If you've not heard back in a three months or so then Emma Barnes told me that it's fine to chase them up (in a friendly, polite way, of course). I think they do usually respond more quickly than that, but sometimes things are bound to slip through the cracks.

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
Congratulation Sas!

Quick question: there are several (a few) indie presses out there who allow simultaneous submissions (submitting to several different publishers at the same time) - does Snow Books?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure, T: have you checked out Snowbooks' submissions policy? It might be on the website.

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
I'm not sure, T: have you checked out Snowbooks' submissions policy? It might be on the website.

I checked, but I couldn't find it. Duotrope has it listed as being OK with sim subs, but I emailed them to get the real scoop. I'll let you all know if they write back.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think Snowbooks has a YA list, but I'd guess that they'd consider really good examples of the genre. They're very good at making a success of the unexpected.

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Snowbooks doesn't do YA - their website is down right now (and has been since Saturday October 24th), but it's on their submission guidelines. That said, I think they would consider anything that is extremely well-written. I have a YA novel on sub with them, so if they think there's a market for my (or anyone's) YA novel, that rule might well change.

Last edited:

Ellefire

Citizen Of Planet Random
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I bet you feel on top of the world!

I submitted to them a while back and got a form rejection quite swiftly. I would look at them again next time.

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.behlerpublications.com
I'm pleased to say that Emma has offered me a contract for the UK rights to The Writer's Essential Tackle Box. They have excellent distribution and a solid reputation, so I thought this a rather nice Thanksgiving present. Dear Em apologized for "disturbing" me on our holiday. Heh, I do believe I can live with it. So cheers to you, Victoria Strauss, your wonderful interviews will be read over tea and crumpets.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Pricey, you know how impressed I am by Snowbooks' books, ethics and staff: it's a fabulous publisher and you'll be well looked-after by them. Snowbooks' titles get on those front tables at Waterstones increasingly often, and when it happens for you I'll take photos. Heck, I'll POSE with the books and get someone else to take photos!

Saskatoonistan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Pricey - I am echoing what Old Hack has to say. Since I signed with Snowbooks in May, it has been just a fantastic and really very supportive experience. They're a class act, easily accessible, enthusiastic, forward thinking... I could go on and on about them. You will indeed be very well taken care of - I'm well taken care of and the experience has been fantastic.

Last edited: