• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Epaphax Publishing, Inc.

moscatomg1

Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I've been a reader and visitor many times before to this helpful site. I discovered this Literary Talent Management company called Epaphax (http://www.epaphax.com), but they do not seem like a traditional literary agency at all. Yet they've attended the rights centers at many big conventions (BookExpo and the Guadalajara Int. Fair), and they seem legitimate. I'm going to contact them and see how they work, but I wanted to know if anyone here knows anything else about Epaphax? I can't find any mention on the forums here with the site searches I've done. Stranger yet, they're not to be found anywhere at the equally wonderful "Preditors and Editors" website. Also, I did see that Epaphax also has a book publishing "division" (http://www.epaphax.com/books.php). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that it was sort of a conflict of interest to be a literary agency and a book publisher? Thanks for any help!

Matt

Last edited:

JCT

Banned
Reaction score
They aren't a literary agency, it seems. It seems they try to connect editors, designers, etc, with jobs or contacts in the field.

They also publish books do wholesale stuff.

In other words, Its not what you are looking for.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Kinda in answer to my own question: the US author in their "rights bank" lists a book vanity pubbed in 2005. And they spell her name wrong.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
New talents bring such as richness...they act as bridge to new writers...me act like chicken and run away.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
To my surprise, it's still there. Only one new product since 2006, though (added Oct '10).

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site currently 403. Last cached in Aug, but doesn't look like it'd been updated since '10. We'll see if it returns.