The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Epaphax Publishing, Inc.

moscatomg1

Epaphax Publishing, Inc.

Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I've been a reader and visitor many times before to this helpful site. I discovered this Literary Talent Management company called Epaphax (http://www.epaphax.com), but they do not seem like a traditional literary agency at all. Yet they've attended the rights centers at many big conventions (BookExpo and the Guadalajara Int. Fair), and they seem legitimate. I'm going to contact them and see how they work, but I wanted to know if anyone here knows anything else about Epaphax? I can't find any mention on the forums here with the site searches I've done. Stranger yet, they're not to be found anywhere at the equally wonderful "Preditors and Editors" website. Also, I did see that Epaphax also has a book publishing "division" (http://www.epaphax.com/books.php). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that it was sort of a conflict of interest to be a literary agency and a book publisher? Thanks for any help!

Matt
    Last edited by moscatomg1; 08-29-2007 at 07:30 AM.

Sockpuppet
    They aren't a literary agency, it seems. It seems they try to connect editors, designers, etc, with jobs or contacts in the field.

They also publish books do wholesale stuff.

In other words, Its not what you are looking for.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Are they a packager?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald View Post
    Are they a packager?
    Reads more like a rights broker: http://www.epaphax.com/oc_literary.p...3b0998ca63438d

Glorified display site?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Kinda in answer to my own question: the US author in their "rights bank" lists a book vanity pubbed in 2005. And they spell her name wrong.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Ribbed for your pleasure. Voyager's Avatar
    New talents bring such as richness...they act as bridge to new writers...me act like chicken and run away.
    “You write how you write. If I were a calculating careerist, I would not be a novelist.” Justin Cronin

"I'd rather shoot myself in the face than have another discussion about the difference between one category of literature and another." Colson Whitehead

facebook.com/jes.bosworth

To my surprise, it's still there. Only one new product since 2006, though (added Oct '10).
    ICAO
    ---------

Site currently 403. Last cached in Aug, but doesn't look like it'd been updated since '10. We'll see if it returns.
    ICAO
    ---------