The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Silk's Vault Publishing

Silk's Vault Publishing

Has anyone seen the reports of alleged nonpayment of royalties involving e-publisher Silk's Vault? In the past, I know there has been a lot of controversy involving Silk's Vault, including allegations and counter-allegations on Piers Anthony's Internet Publishing page. Much more recently, Emily Veinglory posted about this and other publisher issues on the Erotic Romance blog (including problems with Mardi Gras). The allegations about Silk's Vault have hit the Dear Author blog, so I expect the controversy will grow.

Whatever comes out, this whole mess is a reminder to authors to research any publisher thoroughly, make friends with lots of authors so that you can hear all the rumors , and be very very careful when publishing with one of the smaller e-publishers. (Or some of the larger ones.)
    THE Official FreakTM
    That's not me in my avatar. That's Papa Emeritus II and the Nameless Ghouls of Ghost
    -- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
    Dubbed "Cool Thread Starter Girl" by JeanneTGC

*insert catchy phrase here* BarbaraSheridan's Avatar
    And this is why I think it's so important for any new companies to put up a detailed "About Us" page letting authors know who is behind the company and what business/publishing experience they have.
    ~Barbara Sheridan~
    Barb's website
    Falling Through Glass ~ On sale now! Paperback and ebook

Check out the "story behind the story", too.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Quite. I looks like Mardi Gras will be the next to go under--potentially by the 'simply vanishing' method rather than any formal process. Another reason to sign contracts with named persons is that you can track them down much easier should they going into hiding.
    Emily Veinglory

Up all night to get Loki Jersey Chick's Avatar
    in the state of carefully controlled chaos
    I just read on another loop that Mardi Gras is closing - the poster is/was one of their authors.
    "Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional." ~ scarletpeaches

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    And, above all, make very sure that the contract includes a good reversion clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Chick View Post
    I just read on another loop that Mardi Gras is closing - the poster is/was one of their authors.
    Is there a link for that yet? That should probably be added to the Mardi Gras thread.

Sigh, there goes another one.
    THE Official FreakTM
    That's not me in my avatar. That's Papa Emeritus II and the Nameless Ghouls of Ghost
    -- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
    Dubbed "Cool Thread Starter Girl" by JeanneTGC

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I was browsing through RT Book Reviews and saw that Silks Vault is listed as attending the RT convention. (Also saw it listed on the RT con website. )

SV website's still looks the same. Anyone know what's up? Thought that e-pub was a dead duck.
    Still working on that cute and clever sig

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    The last activity on their various social pages (e.g. http://silksvault.ning.com/) is January. Could very well be they applied for the convention before they went down.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you mscelina's Avatar
    Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
    The website says it's down for construction. I seriously doubt that anyone from SV would be silly enough to show up at RT--unless they bring their checkbook.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I thought their website had been down for a long time. From what I read about that debacle, I'd be nervous about showing myself at a romance con if I ran Silks Vault! Anyway, just curious. Thx.
    Still working on that cute and clever sig