• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Your Workplace Magazine

TravellerRose

I just thought I'd post a warning here about Your Workplace Magazine. Over a year ago, I sent them a story called Herbal Help in Your Workplace, and heard nothing back. But during a `vanity search', I found that they had published it in print in Spring 2003. YWM is listed in various databases as a paying market, but I have not been paid or contacted. I sent an email to them a month ago about it, but have still heard nothing. I posted to Angela Hoy's Writer's Weekly Whispers and warnings board to see if anyone else had dealing with YWM and got a reply from an Indian writer who also had a bad experience with them.
I still have not heard from YWM, so I am posting a warning to anyone thinking of submitting there.

Gail Kavanagh

spywriter

Waring

Thanks for the heads-up. Hope you get everything settled in your favor.

absolutewrite

Re: Waring

Thanks for the warning, Gail. Do you have a mailing address for them? If so, send them a certified letter demanding payment.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
there's another post here about a class action suit for just this sort of thing, perhaps you can pursuit that route. when i find the thread, i'll jump back here and post it.
good luck to you.