What are you reading?

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm only on Chapter Two of Blinded By The Right, but I only started seriously reading the book last night. Now I'm pretty well entrenched in it, wanting to read everything this author has to say.

Now if I could just get this interested in a piece of fiction... :rolleyes:

:Shrug:

johnstmoonpie

Registered
Reaction score
Just read O Pioneers! by Willa Cather.

About to read As I Lay Dying for my English class.

Went to Half Price Books today and picked up:

The Mysterious Affair at Styles- Agatha Christie
The Professors House- Willa Cather
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man- James Joyce
All the Kings Men- Robert Penn Warren

Ol' 61

Registered
Reaction score
I am reading "Brisingr!" by Christopher Paolini. I'm enjoying it, and I have about a 5th left. He tends to get mired in the details, but I'm liking the story.

And there are 4 other books on my nightstand.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
The Kite Runner.

I like it a lot! I wasn't sure what to expect, actually. I think I thought I might be bored because the movie looks so boring. But the book is excellent and helped to open my eyes to a whole other world. Very interesting and heartfelt. I reccommend it.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished The Dirt, a rock bio about Motley Crue, and Deeper, a sequel to Jeff Long's brilliant The Descent. Both were pretty good. I just started a book called Heartsick by Chelsea Cain mainly because it takes place in my town.

Heartsick was pretty good. She has another one that just came out called Sweetheart, which I don't think is actually a sequel, but does feature the same characters.

Someone mentioned No Time for Goodbye by Lindsay Barclay. I just got that one from the library, although I haven't started it yet.

I'm currently reading Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer, The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson, There But For The Grace of God (I can't remember the author), and It by Stephen King. Oh, and The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Left To Die by Lisa Jackson. A really good read. Only downside is now I have to wait until August 09 for the sequel! :rant:

Oh well plenty more to read before then!

I just started No Time For Goodbye by Linwood Barclay. It's started pretty good so far.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
The Kite Runner.

I like it a lot! I wasn't sure what to expect, actually. I think I thought I might be bored because the movie looks so boring. But the book is excellent and helped to open my eyes to a whole other world. Very interesting and heartfelt. I reccommend it.
Then you'd like his other book A Thousand Splendid Suns. I didn't think I'd like it, but couldn't put it down. And yes, it opens your eyes.

Mason

Cool Smoke
Registered
Reaction score
Website
addisblogs.blogspot.com
Reading Muhajababes by Allegra Stratton. It's about Middle Eastern youth culture and so far has been entertaining and enlightening.

Then you'd like his other book A Thousand Splendid Suns. I didn't think I'd like it, but couldn't put it down. And yes, it opens your eyes.

Loved it too. Still gotta read The Kite Runner.

MRevelle83

Complication
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgmmag.com
I'm about to begin reading the novel Chikara by Robert Skimin. I had read some of it before but never finished it- I will this time.

OctoberRain

I triple dog dare you.
Registered
Reaction score
Heartsick by Chelsea Cain. Only on page 80 but so far it's not as I exciting as I expected.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
The Sky People, by S.M Sterling. I was most annoyed...the plucky Russians managed to survive the crash, only to get eaten by Venusmen. What a gyp.

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After reading, Borrowed Time: An Aids Memoir by Paul Monette, I just picked up Becoming a Man Half a Life Story.

I can't praise Borrowed Time enough.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
A Simple Plan by Scott Smith.

Excellent thriller, written in first person. I never saw the movie, by the way, so it's all fresh and I'm dying to find out how it all ends. About a hundred pages left.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
I'm re-reading The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers.

I read it in HS but am enjoying it so much more now.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score

All ready on my wish list. :)

Now I'm reading Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin. Not far into it yet, so I haven't formed much of an opinion other than...a lot of flashbacks. Just not sure how I feel about them yet.