AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
Dying to Get Published, by Judy Fitzwater

Cut, Crop & Die, by Joanna Campbell Slan

(Both are mysteries I had on my Kindle from their free promotion days.)

Last edited:

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Major Pettigrew's Last Stand (Helen Simonson) which is a great read. Not sure what I'll read next.

Steph

Worst.
Registered
Reaction score
The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. So far I am really surprised that the Disney movie seems to be not so far off... It was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

I'm also reading A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Witchful Thinking the 3rd installment of the Jolie Wilkins series by HP Mallory.

Started it today and already half way through! Loving it!

JBClemmens

Patient Seahorse
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't know Coben wrote YA. I read some of his others. Happiness Project didn't make me so after ten chapters.

JBClemmens

Patient Seahorse
Registered
Reaction score
Now reading Alexander McCall Smith, The World According to Bernie and Catching Fire, the Hunger Games sequel. Next on the list are Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay and Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policeman's Union. I recently enjoyed the Scottish book, No Wonder I take a Drink by Laura Marney. Sometimes it's hard to drink and read at the same time, so I get behind in my reading.

Velcro

Scribbling Scribe
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished the last book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. I'm kind of surprised I got through the whole series since I'm not a big fan of present tense narrative but overall I enjoyed it. 1st is my favorite, 3rd is definitely 2nd, 2nd least favorite.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on this thread, but here's an update :)

1. The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton (historical fiction), I enjoyed it, though it's not one of her better works. I'd recommend The Forgotten Garden (historical fiction/fairytales) over it. Still worth a read, though.

2. Continued the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (YA Fantasy) I read through book 3 City of Glass, which I really enjoyed.

3. I reread Life of Pi by Yann Martel, (Literary Fiction) since I haven't read it since it came out. I loved it even more the second time around. It's a really amazing book.

4. Struck by Lightening by Chris Colfer (YA Fiction), it's a short, easy read, but really enjoyable. Even though the writing may not be sophisticated or anything, it was really funny, and I really enjoyed the character's voice.

5. Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks (YA Fiction?/Literary Fiction? I really don't know, to be honest with you.) Another short, easy book to read. Though the book got really good reviews on Goodreads.com, and I really loved the premise of this book, it kind of fell short for me. I was a bit disappointed, because the premise really was unique.

6. Currently I'm reading Ruins (YA Science Fiction) by Orson Scott Card, the second in the Pathfinder series. I loved Ender's Game, and have the rest of the series and its' parallel series waiting for me, but I have to say, I love the Pathfinder series even more. I really enjoyed Pathfinder, and Ruins is even better. :)