What are you reading?

calling33

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently deep into Mistress of the Empire by Raymond E Feist and Janny Wurst. I can't put it down and it's totally like being thrown into another world. One of my mates recommended it to me and I'm so glad they did. I stopped reading fantasy for a long time but I can't understand why.

Doc181

Registered
Reaction score
The Prestige - Christopher Priest. Finding this hard to put down.

Life of Pi - Yann Martel. Second reading.

I didn't realize the Prestige was a book. Or am I wrong in assuming this is the novel upon which the Hugh Jackman film was based?

I'm reading Life of Pi as well. :)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't realize the Prestige was a book. Or am I wrong in assuming this is the novel upon which the Hugh Jackman film was based?

It's the same story, yeah. I haven't read it yet myself, but my library has a copy. So, one day.

Currently reading: Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier. I've read a couple books by her before, one I loved, and one so dull I couldn't finish. This one's okay so far, but the plot points are VERY formulaic for high fantasy. I like the characters quite well though.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Civilization - The West and the Rest by Niall Ferguson. A good fast read and informative. But I'm a non-fiction nerd, so I love this kind of thing.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Lolita. It made me gag a little bit in places, but the writing was phenomenal, and I would even go so far as to say it's a fun book to read.

Next up: The Virgin Suicides (need to think about adding some more cheery books into the mix in the future).

AKyber36

Registered
Reaction score
Almost finished with Trouble Is My Business by Raymond Chandler.

Next book after that is finishing up Dashiell Hammett's Nightmare Town, and then continue working on Henry Chang's Red Jade.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
On the Outside Looking Indian - Rupinder Gill