What are you reading?

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. I'm about 55 pages in and not really very hooked.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Just about done with The Bonfire of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe, which took me forever to finish but was well worth it.

Up next: The Marriage Plot by Jeffery Eugenedies. New York Magazine really hyped it up, so expectations are high.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
thumbnail.aspx

This was the first Roth novel I ever read, and I fell in love shortly thereafter. Amazing book, hope you enjoy it!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"The Hare With Amber Eyes" by Edmund de Waal. Loving it to bits, so far...

Finished it - absolutely brilliant. Wish I could read it all over again for the first time.

Last edited:

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
I've recently read The Neon Rain by James Lee Burke.

Isabella Amaris

Registered
Reaction score
Website
isabellaamaris.blogspot.com
Recently read 'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov... could not put it down to the last... disturbing subject,exceptional writing... what more can anyone want?:)

Just started with 'Good Omens' by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. The start's been a bit slow, but love both writers, so do not foresee disappointment:)

Ovid9

Professional Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
"A Princess of Mars" by Edgar R Burroughs
And the first Dark Highlands anthology.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 75 pages into The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. It's good so far, nothing spectacular though. It's starting to get a little bit repetitive, hopefully it'll really get going soon.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Foal's Bread" by Gillian Mears. I'm 23 pages in and loving it.

ETA: Finished - it was one of those un-put-downable, reading past 2:00 am books. I suspect it's going to be a long, long time before I read anything this perfect, this powerful again. A really remarkable piece.

Last edited:

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 75 pages into The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. It's good so far, nothing spectacular though. It's starting to get a little bit repetitive, hopefully it'll really get going soon.

Really looking forward to reading this. Big fan of his other two novels. Probably wait until the summer and take it on holiday.

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished The Final Solutions by Michael Chabon. Really enjoyable, quick read. More of a novella or the size of a Sherlock Holmes mystery, which seems appropriate given the subject matter.

Read the first 100 pages of Dickens' Bleak House, again really enjoying this and I still wonder how I have avoided it over the years.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sex and Rockets: The Occult World of Jack Parsons by John Carter. Parsons is my great uncle (or cousin thingy) on my mothers side. He was the founder of JPL and Aerocorp, and a ceremonial magician. So, it's kind of neat.