What are you reading?

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Bitter Brew--Faith, Power and Poison in a Small New England Town--Young

A small town church with a power struggle going on--so someone throws a handful of arsenic into the Sunday morning coffee. Not a novel--it really happened.

Graz

Registered
Reaction score
Memories of My Melancholy Whores

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Reading-A Storm of Swords.

Rereading-Anne of Green Gables.

Griffin Hayes

One evil little baby step at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Re-reading Perfume by Patrick Suskind. Great book!

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Picked up Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott after several people recommended it. So far dark and disturbing. Why do I keep reading books like this lately? Next book will be a fun read.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally down to the the last few dozen pages of Cormac McCarthy's The Crossing. Such a powerful, hypnotic, and rewarding novel...so glad I finally decided to give ol' Cormac the time of day!

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just finishing Touched By An Angel, by Jonathan Morris. It's a Doctor Who novel based on the Matt Smith Doctor. It's set around the Weeping Angels from the tv series. I loved it. My first Matt Smith based novel. The author really nailed his character and his companions.

Poetic_Justice

Pondering affirmation
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes, this is a good one, a perfect example of multiple 1st POV's, each a specific voice. One of the few books that made me weep at the end (for the wrong character.) But I'll say no more. Come back and tell us about the book after you finish it.

Finished The Poisonwood Bible. It was an amazing book. Probably one of my favourites for the moment. I do agree, Adagio, it certainly has is an excellent example of 1st POV. I know exactly how you felt about feeling horrible for "the wrong" character. All in all, I'd recommend that one to anyone I know.

Amos Gunner

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
thumbnail.aspx

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
A bit let down by the ending especially when it says "to be continued".

Eternal Stairmaster

Registered
Reaction score
A Behanding in Spokane by Martin McDonagh. It's the fourth play of his I've read of his so far, and it's pretty hilarious. I've noticed that all his plays are violent - just like his best play, The Pillowman.

The next two books in my queue are Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving, and Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews. I'm reading them mostly for research, since the full-length play I'm writing mentions them frequently (though not just for the sake of mentioning them).

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I just started Lisa Jackson's Born To Die. I've read her other "To Die" series, Left To Die and Chosen To die, and they were both very good. This one is shaping up to be another great thriller.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie and The Writing Life by Annie Dillard. I haven't read Christie since high school, so it's a joy coming back to her work. And Dillard's language is so floral and mellifluous , I keep expecting her to call for her little animal friends of the forest.

bongalak

Registered
Reaction score
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I quite enjoyed it, and will be checking out the sequels. I understand it's a trilogy?