What are you reading?

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Trying desperately to get back on track with 'War and Peace.' When I'm not lugging that book around, I'm reading 'Breakfast of Champions.'

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
*bearhugs Shakey*

I'm reading Sex and Subterfuge: Women Writers to 1850. I don't know how Eva Figes managed to make sex and subterfuge so very dry, but she accomplished it.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Finished Water for Elephants. I liked it, although some of the scenes are a bit too graphic for my tastes.

Starting the next one in the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I think I'm up to White Knight.

.303 Bookworm

psst... say "moosey fate"
Registered
Reaction score
1632, by Eric Flint. The only character I liked at all was Hans, the driving enthusiast.

Underthelivingmoon

Closets are for clothes
Registered
Reaction score
Into the Darklands, by Michelle Segara. It has been m favorite book for almost 20 years.

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 3/4 through Zeke and Ned by Larry McMurty and Diana Osanna. Great book, so far.

larocca

Business Editing Services
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeledits.com
The Innocent Man, by John Grisham. It's a true story about a guy on death row who was, you guessed it, innocent.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finally got the 2010 Best American Non-required Reading. I'm going great gonzos on short stories at the moment, both writing and reading.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Started Uglies while waiting for Mockingjay (in the mood for YA dystopian novels I guess).

It isn't bad, but it isn't great either. There is a lot of nice detail, and some cool parts to the story. But for the most part, it is pretty slow and boring. I am almost halfway through and waiting for something more exciting to happen.

TerraAnn

Alias: Anastasia Beaverhausen ;)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
I just finished Sherrilyn Kenyon's: The Dream-Hunter. Loved it! And the funny thing is that I'd had it for months but hadn't picked it up to read it. It caught my eye at our local bookstore Bookworld and I bought it, but never got around to reading it. On my breaks at work I always have a book with me to read. Even on my lunches I read. I was needing a break from Nora Roberts (who I love, but read entirely too much of) and decided to give this one a read. It was really good! I really enjoyed it. Will definately be checking out more of her works now.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Sherrilyn Kenyon's: The Dream-Hunter. Loved it! And the funny thing is that I'd had it for months but hadn't picked it up to read it. It caught my eye at our local bookstore Bookworld and I bought it, but never got around to reading it. On my breaks at work I always have a book with me to read. Even on my lunches I read. I was needing a break from Nora Roberts (who I love, but read entirely too much of) and decided to give this one a read. It was really good! I really enjoyed it. Will definately be checking out more of her works now.

Is that the first dark hunter book you have read? I love those books, she is my favorite paranormal romance author. If it is the first, you might want to try reading them in order. They are mostly stand alones, but some characters pop up in more than one book, and in the later ones, there are a few storylines that continue.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
The Best Laid Plans (Terry Fallis)

Am noticing freaky similarities with yesterday's Canadian election results.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the newest Wheel of Time book, Towers of Midnight. (By Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson).

I should finish it this weekend and move onto One of our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde. I'm hoping it's a bit stronger than the last novel in that series...which I can't even remember the name of.

larocca

Business Editing Services
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeledits.com
NORTH CAROLINA DRIVERS HANDBOOK. I haven't driven anything with a motor in about 12 years, so if I pass this test, be afraid. Be very afraid.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The Story of the Stone, by Cao Xueqin and Gao E.

Last edited:

DrZoidberg

aka TomOfSweden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomknox.se
"The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements" by Sam Kean.

It's a very entertaining book about the periodic table. I recommend to have a basic understanding of chemistry before reading it.

spacekadet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicashaw.com
Just finished "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuro Ishiguro. One of the best books I've read in years. Kept me up at night. The kind of unfolding story where you keep thinking, "what is she getting at...? who is this person...? where is she going...?" but all in a good way. Seriously dark, haunting ideas here, but also lots of hope and innocence. Just read it for goodness sake.

Now starting White Teeth with Zadie Smith. Missing Kazuo already.