What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The Story of the Stone, by Cao Xueqin.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The Rising by Brian Keene. It's an old copy so at least the author got paid for it, or I can hope.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Finished Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (I think). I enjoyed it. Outside of Harry Potter, I don't read much YA. This one moved very well, similar to the Harry Potter series. I'm not sure if I'll read the next one in the series. This one was fine as a stand alone. I don't know if I care what happens next.

Starting Water for Elephants tomorrow.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
North and South - John Jakes

Hey, Stormie, Great minds think alike. :) I just started it. I tried reading a book by Elizabeth Peters and. . .yeah. . .I can't get into her writing, so I took North and South off my sister's self. Pretty good for just the beginning. My sister bought the whole television series for our mother. Have you seen the television series?

ElisabethF

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished A Night To Remember by Walter Lord (about the sinking of the Titanic) and it was just as excellent as the movie adaptation. I'm preparing to dive into Marcia Davenport's The Valley of Decision sometime this week - I'm about due for a thick one.

Darkom

Registered
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on another Stephen King, Under the Dome. Really looking forward to reading through something that inspired the Simpson's Movie.

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
The White Hotel by DM Thomas

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
Tiger Hills by Sarita Mandanna. It's kind of Kite Runner-ish in content, but it doesn't create a sense of fate/isn't as well tied-together as The Kite Runner was. Regardless, I'm enjoying it. It's really sad.

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

I haven't gotten too far into the book yet, but I am really enjoying it so far.

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
Just started Lee Child's Killing Floor, which is outside of my usual range. He featured on a radio programme a couple of months back and his Jack Reacher books sounded interesting, so I picked up a copy. Just over a hundred pages in, it's a quick and easy read and enjoyable so far.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Vandal said:
Divine Justice by David Baldacci
*stormie waves hi*
From someone who told you about the Camel Club series, I have to say I didn't like Divine Justice as much as the first three books. It was good, just not as great as the others. Seems there's book five out now, Hell's Corner. Let me know what you think about book four.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
*stormie waves hi*
From someone who told you about the Camel Club series, I have to say I didn't like Divine Justice as much as the first three books. It was good, just not as great as the others. Seems there's book five out now, Hell's Corner. Let me know what you think about book four.

Thanks for getting me hooked! Sometimes his books get better as the series goes along, like the King/Maxwell series. We'll know in a few days if Divine Justice holds up.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading The Hunger Games series. I started Catching Fire last night.

Eumenides

Registered
Reaction score
The Collected Plays of Edward Albee: 1958-1965. I'm tackling one of the greatest American playwrights in chronological order.

It's amazing to think how talented he was from the start: The Zoo Story is full of intelligent dialogue and subtle observations about the human condition. I'm also delighted with the adaptations of novels, like Malcolm and The Ballad of the Sad Café; I just wish I had read the novels first.

And, of course, it was a pleasure to re-read Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Yes, I think I'm getting the next two volumes very soon.