What are you reading?

PEBKAC2

Will crit for food.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading I am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to be Your Class President.

Yes, it's a YA book which I normally don't read, but it's hilarious.

That is a very fun book :) I heard he's working on a sequel.

PEBKAC2

Will crit for food.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Dexter TV series on Showtime so I checked out the books and love them as well. I just finished his latest...Dexter Is Delicious.

I also recently discovered Christopher Moore. I read his It's A Dirty Job book recently. (I really enjoy that type of humor in a book...morbid, with a bit of snark and silly thrown in for good measure)

I like dark humor and these books have been perfect reads.

OH! Moore is at the very top of my list. You have to read "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal." It's one of my favorite books ever.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Enjoying Laura Levine's cozies about a mystery-solving copywriter. Started with Killer Cruise (read that in mass-market paperback while ON a cruise). Downloaded several more onto my Kindle.

Also just started reading Robin Lane Fox's Pagans and Christians, and Robert Reich's latest, Aftershock. I'm getting spoiled by my Kindle -- Pagans and Christians is a big, heavy hardback, and uncomfortable to hold for reading. The Reich book is on my Kindle.

--Ken

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
The Book of Night Women by Marlon James. It's about a slave rebellion and the book is a massacre from beginning to end. The kill count is something like in The Odyssey.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

ETA:Great Book!

Last edited:

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Hollywood by Charles Bukowski (recommended to me by people on this site). I LOVED it, it is possibly my favorite book to date. Thank you AW!

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Summer Knight by Jim Butcher (4th of the Dresden Files), and will start Death Masks (5th) tonight. Woop! :D

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe (again). She's the perfect antidote to Tess Durbeyfield... (ugh).

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OH! Moore is at the very top of my list. You have to read "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal." It's one of my favorite books ever.

I plan on getting more by him soon. Thanks for the recommendations
. :)

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

ETA:Great Book!

Still one of my favs from school years ago.

Stephen King's The Stand. I haven't read it since freshman year in high school which was longer ago than I'll admit to.

My soon to be 7 year old is convinced it is the biggest book ever.

:D

Yay! I just bought that book yesterday. I'm becoming quite a King fan after his wonderful Dark Tower series. Just bought his book On Writing as well.

I just finished Neil Gaiman's, The Graveyard Book. It was a terrific fun read! :)

I keep meaning to check out his novels. Being a comic fan I only know of his comic writing but I've heard his "regular" books are quite good too.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just started reading The Queen of Palmyra, which one testimonial compares with To Kill a Mockingbird. We'll see if it lives up to that claim.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished The Half Blood Prince. Starting reading Dearly Devoted Dexter while waiting for the last Harry Potter from the library. Which I just picked up today.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
The Flock by James Robert Smith. Reminds me a lot of Michael Crichton and in fact it references Jurassic Park several times. The writing's not as technical/science-based but it's a very Crichton-esque plot. Only with near-sentient terror birds instead of raptors.