Registered
Reaction score
Occult London by Merlin Coverley
The Invisible Landscape by Terence and Dennis McKenna

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Started Room by Emma Donoghue yesterday. I'm only about fifty pages in, but I'm liking it so far--if that's even the right word to use, considering the subject matter.

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
Persuasion, by Jane Austen. I have never considered myself an Austen fan before, but then I read Emma and loved it. She's fantastic.

Rebekkamaria

Pixie with dust, beware
Registered
Reaction score
I just read the Solitude of Prime Numbers, and am still reading Going Postal and the City of Glass.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is great, by the way. :)

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Bram Stoker's Dracula. I liked it, but I understand why some people can't get into the style. It's pretty, but sounds very odd in 2010.

Now I'm reading Stephen King's The Dark Half. Makes me glad I'm not planning to publish under a pen name. :D It also makes me wonder WTF he's thinking when he's writing. Actually, scratch that. I don't want to know.

Next in the pile is The Golden Compass. Yes, I'm late to the Dark Materials party.

Baryonyx

Registered
Reaction score
Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton

It's a really, really fun book!

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
Just read Shutter Island. Still not sure what to think of it. I needed something to keep my occupied on an overseas flight and I picked up Foucalt's Pendulum.

schadenfreude

good with salt
Registered
Reaction score
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman.

My English teacher gave it to me today. It's quirky and intriguing, probably the best YA I've read it a very long while, but I've still got over half to go.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Rereading Strange Highways by Dean Koontz. It's shmaltzy, kinda predictable (within his own writing tropes) and has a very feel-good ending. It's one of my favorites of his.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
The Snowman by Jo Nesboe.
Norwegian serial killer story, scary and tense. I like it so far, even though I'm not usually into serial killer novels.
After it's over, I'll have to think about buying a book for a 20+-hour flight to Europe.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I love Keene.

I'm 50/50 about him. The last two books by him that I have read have not been great. I found the storyline lacking, yet, this one and a couple of others have been right on. :)

With the crap going on at Dorchester, I will keep an eye to see if he ends up with another house.

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
I finished As Lie the Dead by our own *ta da* Kelly Meding. Lurved the characters.

Just started Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love and I'm a little freaked out at the timeliness of it. I could be my life, except for I don't live in NYC, I don't write for national magazines, and I'm not likely to travel the world for a year. But she had trouble getting a divorce and so am I. Yikes, scary. ;)

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

(loved the first two of the series, am over 100 pages into this one and am still waiting to get hooked)

NoGuessing

Buzz
Registered
Reaction score
The Stand by Stephen King. It's the extended version as well. A bit slow, and breaks the rules of writing a bit (lollin' at some of the adverb choices) which usually I don't care about except King discourages writers from using them, so it's ironic. :tongue

But it's interesting, and will probably be quite good, though I don't see how this bunch can beat the Dark Man.

One side effect of this book is I crack up laughing whenever somebody sneezes.