What are you reading?

Baryonyx

Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't get into Book of the Dead so I've quit :)

Now reading Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, one of my all time favourites!

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
Sisters of the Sword: Crushing the Stone by Maya Snow. It's about two teenage girl samurais. It's nice with good fights and lots of people killed.

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. In this fantasy inspired by Dungeons & Dragons, instead of one protagonist we follow a group of heroes, just like in a role-playing game. That's interesing. I'm not sure if I'll read all of the book but I think so.

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
A Fair Maiden by Joyce Carol Oates. At last a book with style, and sexy too. Oates seldom lets me down.

I don't think I'll finish Dragons of Autumn Twilight. The plot is just too weird. They run into one strange thing after another: lizardmen, white stag, spectres, centaurs, forestmaster, in quick succession. Hardly can I return to this after tasting sweet oats.

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. In this fantasy inspired by Dungeons & Dragons, instead of one protagonist we follow a group of heroes, just like in a role-playing game. That's interesing. I'm not sure if I'll read all of the book but I think so.

I love the dragonlance books.

Right now, I'm reading The Burning by R.L. Stine and thinking I should stop buying books because this one's been sitting in my TBR pile way too long. I've moved up to Stephen King by now and I'm not sure I even still like R.L. Stine, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Fairy and Folk Tales of Ireland, William Butler Yeats.

JulieHowe

Spent the night with Jack Daniels
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Mustee (sequel to Mandingo.) I should be banished to hell for reading the literary equivalent of a leaky RV septic tank. Don't tell anyone.

:e2paperba

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Books I finished recently:

* Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear, A COMPANION TO WOLVES
* Jeff Somers, THE TERMINAL STATE
* Suzanne Collins, MOCKINGJAY
* Peter V Brett, THE PAINTED MAN

bringing me to 51 books so far this year.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
It was the best of Sentences, It Was The Worst Of Sentences. I saw the ad on AW so I looked it out in B & N. Pretty useful.

R.M. Watts

dead account
Registered
Reaction score
The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen.

It's kinda freaking me out, though.

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Foreigner by CJ Cherryh. The woman can WRITE, damnit. But damnit, the first 70 pages are schizophrenic as all hell. For all her skill and mastery of her genre she wasn't (at the time this book was written) very good with transition, i.e. it's never clear when we've just skipped ahead say 200 years. Other than that, enjoying it :)

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
Frostbite by Richelle Mead. Finally found a YA vampire series that I actually like lol.

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
Saul Bellow's "A Theft"

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Also, a book called Click to Calm: Healing the Aggressive Dog. We don't have random aggression, but we do have it on-leash with our large main dog, and I'm interested in working on it. So far so good.

R.M. Watts

dead account
Registered
Reaction score
I keep bouncing between books now. Let see what's open on my eReader now! Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet, apparently. The beginning was catching so I bought it (only $0.89 on B&N, so I impulsed).

And to continue with the Rizzoli & Isles series, I've been reading The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen.

I've also been debating cracking up Cassandra Clare's newest book, Clockwork Angel, too. I heard it's supposed to be much darker and probably scarier than her last trilogy. We shall see.