AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Carousel Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Carousel Press

Has anyone dealt with this press? I did a search and didn't see anything, and they don't appear at P&E. Does anyone know anything about them? Any help appreciated. TIA!!!

practical experience, FTW BarbJ's Avatar
    Any more info? Url, who, where, when, what?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    http://carousel-press.com/

All I know is what's on the website and in Writer's Market. Small press, publishing travel books. That's about all I know at this point. I can't find much info. elsewhere so I was hoping someone here may have dealt with them.

practical experience, FTW Oberon's Avatar
    http://www.carousel-press.com/ They publish travel books, accept e-mail queries, looks like a wife-husband team.
    Albatross: He does not ask whether life is worth living, but launches himself boldly on the supposition that it is.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin carousel's Avatar
    Hi, I'm new here and just going through the list of scammers. My log-in name is Carousel, but I have NOTHING to do with this group, I just chose Carousel as a name because I seem to be going around in circles and getting nowhere fast...please don't hold my name against me if this is a nasty-pasty group of rip-off merchants. I'll pop over to the newbie thread and go and introduce myself.
    "The one who tells the story rules the world" Hopi proverb.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    No, no one thought you were related to these guys.

I don't think anyone's called Carousel Press "rip-off merchants." They do seem to be very small.

Since a publisher's job is to make works public, the first step with any publisher is to see if they are, indeed, making things public. Are any Carousel books physically on the shelf in your local bookstores?

practical experience, FTW BarbJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carousel View Post
    Hi, I'm new here and just going through the list of scammers. My log-in name is Carousel, but I have NOTHING to do with this group, I just chose Carousel as a name because I seem to be going around in circles and getting nowhere fast...please don't hold my name against me if this is a nasty-pasty group of rip-off merchants. I'll pop over to the newbie thread and go and introduce myself.
    I know the feeling! In fact, I thought it was normal. Ah, well.

And welcome!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Updating URL: http://www.berkeleyandbeyond.com/carousel-press/

Hasn't published anything since '08.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: