Status
Not open for further replies.

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
There are several posts on the above mentioned threads that are attractive sounding but only offer an email address for submissions and no website for the publisher or for the magazine or even ezine. I understand if they are just starting up that they need material but there is no access to submission guidelines etc. ... my better brain cells tell me to beware that I could be providing material to a bottomless and nonpaying pit. Should I/we just ignore those that aren't professional looking?
Thanks for your time.
TW

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
If details are scanty but you're otherwise intrigued by the posting, by all means contact the poster and ask for them. If you don't like the answers, move on. There's tons of markets out there.

And yeah, I'd say it's fair to assume that an unprofessional-seeming post is representative of the market.

Stijn Hommes

Know what you write...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.peccarymagazine.5u.com
Even if they don't have any submissions yet, there's no reason not to have a website with the guidelines on it. If the person who posted it, can't provide the guidelines, I'd move on.

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
So true. Professionalism has easily identifiable trappings. I noted a few that wanted articles on certain subjects but did not have a website listed for their magazine and ezines. I recognize that as a common tactic to accumulate email addresses for spam purposes.
Oh and Stijn, I did take a look at your magazine. Nice work. Congratulations.
TW

Status
Not open for further replies.