• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Ahearn Agency (Pam Ahearn)

CrazyWriter

Registered
Reaction score
The Ahearn Agency

Pamela Ahearn passed on my ms, but her explanation(s) as to why was instrumental in my revision, and I will always be grateful for her help. It didn’t register until recently that she is—or was—in New Orleans. Does anyone know if she made it through the crisis ok? Knowing how busy agents are, I don’t want to send her an “I’m sure you don’t remember me, but I’m concerned about your well-being. Please drop me a line” card, but I would like to know if Katrina spared her. Anyone know?

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I got an auto response a few weeks after Katrina that she wasn't taking queries until November, and then in November it was January. Now there's no response at all, so it's not clear what's going on. She's obviously still around, though.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I sent her a query just a week before Katrina hit and after the storm, didn't expect to hear anything. I just got a form response a month ago stating, also, they weren't taking anything until after the first of the year. The address on the letterhead was in New York City, so I'm guessing she re-located. Whether that is permanent or not I'm not sure.

CrazyWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Many thanks to both of you for the info! I'm glad to hear she was not one of the many who lost everything!

peyton67

Registered
Reaction score
This is great news! Ms. Ahearn sent me a letter before Katrina requesting to see a partial... but I never sent it because it seemed insensitive (and futile). I'm glad to hear she's around... I'll try her again in January!

On her letterhead, however, she only listed her New Orleans address/phone number... Does anyone have another address (NY?) or email?

HeatherCW

19 self-pubbed novels and counting!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.heatherwardell.com
I can find nothing on her here... just wondering if anyone has any information about this agent.

Thanks,
Heather

mysterygrl

Registered
Reaction score
She's legit but keeps a low profile. I know she reps mysteries.

Ahearn was in New Orleans when Katrina hit, moved to NY, and is now back in New Orleans. She was closed to submissions for awhile.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
She asked for a partial on a thriller once, and said I'd left out the thrills. Has a good reputation.

Manat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.judithjamesauthor.com
She is very reputable, and really very nice. I imagine she'd be a dream to work with. I had some back and forth with her over a manuscript after she'd requested the full. I had also sent it out to publishers and had just received two offers from midsize print publishers, one from an e-publisher, and a request for a full from a NY publisher. I was looking for an answer quick(within a week), and she just wasn't able to do that, but she did give me some great advice re contract stuff, the pros and cons of waiting vs accepting an offer etc. Given that I was not her client, and not going to be, it was incredibly generous and helpful. She also sent me congrats when I got an agent and sold. I found her a very classy lady and an altogether lovely human being.

(she has some nice sales too)

Broken Wing Medallion Press 2008
http://judithjamesauthor.com

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
A friend of mine who writes as Wendy Lindstrom (Wendy beat me out for the Rita one year, and we became friends after that! <G>) is a client of Pam's and has always had good things to say about her.

Wendy's been published by St. Martin and Dorchester, I believe. But big name publishers.

Susan G.

Leigh86

Registered
Reaction score
Got an email from her today that simply said:
Not quite right for me-sorry.
Pahearn
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-Um...Okay. Shortest rejection I've ever gotten. LOL.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Got an email from her today that simply said:
Not quite right for me-sorry.
Pahearn
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-Um...Okay. Shortest rejection I've ever gotten. LOL.

That is pretty short! She requested a partial from me using her Blackberry, but asked me not to send it for a month (she's had it for a few weeks now). I like that she takes her work on the road, though.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
I just got an email on Monday asking me for a 100 page partial (I had queried her in April 2009). Took a while...anyway, I have an agent now, so I emailed her back telling her that, and that I was sorry it took her so long to get to me, as she was at the top of my list when I began the query process. She responded apologizing, saying she had been swamped with conferences, etc. She was nice, told me to let her know if my agent didn't work out.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I sent my requested partial on 5/20 as she requested. She rejected me on 6/18 with a very nice personal rejection letter with specifics on why it wasn't right for her. It was one of the "best" rejection letters I've received.

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
Pam will be at the SCWW Conference in Myrtle Beach SC in October. Link here. I think you can actually sign up for a pitch session with her if you want.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I sent her a query letter, and, with a nice letter, she requested a partial a couple months (yippee!) ago. She asked that I send it after August 10. **keeping my fingers crossed!**

NY_Michelle

Registered
Reaction score
I emailed her a query and got a rejection exactly a month later.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Her deals on Publishers Marketplace in the last year show 7 Romance/Women's Fiction and 1 Thriller.