Neighbors not warned of sex offender

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Why did he only serve three years for rape when the minimum sentence was ten? Why did he get parole if the board thought there was a good chance he would do it again? Makes no sense. At all.

Just Mike

A trifle upsetting, isn't he
Registered
Reaction score
Our criminal justice system is an illogical muddle.

The rate of recidivism amongst sex offenders is high enough that I don't believe parole should ever be granted to them.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I was taught years ago that gay people are gay because they want to be. But now I believe quite differently. I believe they're born that way, and so they can't change. There is a grey area of bi-sexuals who can swing both ways, but they are rare in their ability to choose.

As for child molesters. I was taught that they can be rehabilitated. But now I believe quite differently. I believe they're born that way, and so they can't change either. As for the greater prevalence in offences found in men and fewer offences in women, I'm of the opinion that the reason is that most men in general (no matter what their orientation) have a harder time abstaining than women do, and also have an odd thread of violence and forcefulness running through their sexual wiring that most women lack.

Outside of a miracle of God, I can't see a child molester ever changing. Might as well ask a gay man not to be gay anymore.

I think mandatory medication of hormone-reducing drugs should be sentenced to any man (or woman) guilty of this crime. And I also think voluntary castration/ovary removal is a great solution that should be afforded to any man or woman who seeks to be rid of these desires permanently.

A.M. Wildman

Tentenda via est
Registered
Reaction score
As for child molesters. I was taught that they can be rehabilitated. But now I believe quite differently. I believe they're born that way, and so they can't change either.

Unfortunately, the local parole boards think they can.

Outside of a miracle of God, I can't see a child molester ever changing. Might as well ask a gay man not to be gay anymore.

I'll agree with that.

I think mandatory medication of hormone-reducing drugs should be sentenced to any man (or woman) guilty of this crime. And I also think voluntary castration/ovary removal is a great solution that should be afforded to any man or woman who seeks to be rid of these desires permanently.

Mandatory medication? Yep, and how do we make sure they take it? And who's going to fund that? Removal of the genitalia, etc isn't going to stop the desire as the desire isn't located or started there.

Guy like this... A simple, judicious application of a .45 round to the forehead would solve his problem permanently.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com

Mandatory medication? Yep, and how do we make sure they take it? And who's going to fund that? Removal of the genitalia, etc isn't going to stop the desire as the desire isn't located or started there.

My understanding is that without the testicles, you can't produce testosterone. So the drive disappears. But I am open to correction here.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Since rape is a power crime, not a sexual crime, removing his weapon (erect penis) might cause him to find another one.