• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Objective Entertainment

JTGBOOKS

Registered
Reaction score
My response...

Was it "Ms. E. Jote" who requested your manuscript? Elizabeth Jote left OE over a year ago, with no notice to (at least) some of her authors. Have you communicated with Ms Jote during this experience, or did you hear of her some other way? If it's the latter, she's no longer with the company. If the former, that's interesting information.

You mentioned that you've been submitting your manuscript to publishers. Did you query Objective Entertainment for agency representation, or did you submit your book to their sister e-pub, Paperless Publishing? Responses will vary, depending on what you were looking for.

Regardless, you might want to read back a page or ten. As you noted, reviews are mixed. It's good to be informed.

----------------------

Hi Ms. Giant Baby,

First off thank you for the response. No I did not speak with Miss Jote, but I did send her and numerous query letters for representation to OE and other Publishers. The OE - Intern emailed me that she was no longer there but he/she (no name given) was interested after reading my chapter samples and requested for the full manuscript. They confirmed they received it and would keep in touch.

*Fingers crossed* I'm staying calm and just thankful they even said a "yes" to my samples.

To answer your question, I have no prior knowledge of Paperless Publishing.

Now before continuing, I have heard various posts how they are highly disorganized and spread out on keeping a tab on authors. But these isolated incidents were back and around 2007, right? (Or so I read from previous posts).

I'm sure I can breathe easier now, right? I think so. I heard this is a new publishing industry and I can TOTALLY UNDERSTAND how new places need time to tweek things out. So I still have faith in this OE - but how about you? Can you share your experiences?

-JTGBOOKS

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
No, I knew about FinePrint. This was last year. If you search back in this thread, you should see it.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
There's still signs of life at the agency, but none at Paperless Publishing since '13. I'm willing to bet it morphed into/was abandoned for Mr. Weisfeld's Start Media.

ETA: no further activity.

Last edited: