• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Objective Entertainment

CBOY

Registered
Reaction score
Reply to Anis

Anis, I'm in a very similar situation. Sent my manuscript, bio, etc. as requested (following initial query) Dec. 11, 2007 and have yet to hear anything...I.K. at Objective Entertainment is the agent. As I'd already sent between 150 and 175 earlier queries re: my book, I'm praying I'll hear something soon. Good luck to you.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
reply to Cboy's reply to my reply to Honeycomb's reply to me . . .

Good to know that somebody else is in my shoes. When I sent out my manuscript I naively thought it would be responded to within a week, as it had been requested. What a surprise I was in for when I subsequently did some research on the internet and found that response times for requested manuscripts can take up to 8 months! I was virtually in tears when discovering this.

I wouldn't mind so much if my predicament weren't so dire. There are worse things than being forced to live in a tent alongside a highway, of course, but such living arrangements are hardly suitable to putting the final touches on a manuscript in need of tweaking. So I hope Objective gets back soon while I still have a roof over my head and electricity.

p.s. Good Luck to you, too, CBOY.
p.s.s Brandy Norwood is a client of this agency. Sure would be neat to meet her at some company picnic. :) She's married though I think. Sigh.

LiteraryChick

Registered
Reaction score
Status?

Has anyone heard back from Objective Entertainment re fulls/partials? They have had my material for quite some time. Thanks!!!

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
dig your name, a play on chick lit? What are you implying by it, if anything?
I sent o'er my full back in December. Sent 'em a follow up email last week, which they quickly replied to. "They haven't gotten to it yet, but did take a glance and liked what they saw," so I remain hopeful.
Will let you know how it all turns out and please do the same . . . everyone.
Thanx and goodluck. :)
(Imagine this smily face with fingers stuck in its mouth to represent the nails I'm continually biting. Heck, I may start on my toe nails next!)

LiteraryChick

Registered
Reaction score
Objective Entertainment

Thanks for reply, Anis. Glad to hear that you rec'd a positive response to your follow-up. Re my name...it's just that I'm a literary chick...that's all. Not implying anything else! Good luck w/your manuscript!

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
According to QueryTracker.Net, Elizabeth Jote of Objective Entertainment obtained a new client on February 26th. Her stats at QueryTracker show 5 requests for material out of 18 queries sent, a seemingly huge request rate. P&E says "Contact information unavailable" and does NOT include a $ or any other sign of approval. With the information I've gotten so far, I'd say I'm still baffled as to whether this agency is any good or not.

LiteraryChick

Registered
Reaction score
Objective Entertainment

I am also starting to get suspicious. I have never had an agent take longer than a month to review my work. This agency has had my full for three months. Anybody else have any experience w/this agency?

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
Query long enough and you'll discover the true meaning of waiting. Getting a partial back in a month or less is a gift. I've waited up to six months to hear back on fulls--from very legitimate agents who gave personalized rejections, besides.

There's absolutely nothing suspicious about an agent not getting back to you quickly. Rather than thinking of it as "suspicious," think of it as "completely normal." You'll save yourself a lot of needless worry.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
What Pisarz said

Patience Grasshopper.

Send some more queries, write another book.

LiteraryChick

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm quite familiar with the experience of querying. On average, the agents that have contacted take 6 weeks or less to review a partial and no more than a month on a full. This is just my experience. Perhaps I have been lucky to deal with agents that are courteous and professional.

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
You've been lucky to deal with agents who are quick, which is not exclusively synonymous with agents who are courteous and professional. (And agents who take longer for partials than fulls, on average??)

One AW-er waited ten months before an agent (at Writers House, no less) offered representation. That agent eventually sold one of her projects for a four-book, series deal.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Query long enough and you'll discover the true meaning of waiting. Getting a partial back in a month or less is a gift. I've waited up to six months to hear back on fulls--from very legitimate agents who gave personalized rejections, besides.

There's absolutely nothing suspicious about an agent not getting back to you quickly. Rather than thinking of it as "suspicious," think of it as "completely normal." You'll save yourself a lot of needless worry.

I agree. A long wait is no reason to be suspicious. The other things I mentioned could be reasons to be suspicious (it all depends on the circumstances, for example P&E might not have a $ because they didn't find out about any sales for some legitimate reason, for example maybe the agency has only a few clients and doesn't report sales).

LiteraryChick

Registered
Reaction score
Objective Entertainment

:hi:Hello...just wondering if anyone has heard from this agency yet? Thanks.

soulwriter524

Registered
Reaction score
Literary Chick...I heard back from Ms.Jote a few days ago. I believe I queried back in January...she apologized for it taking so long, but wanted to run it by a few people- because she liked it but thought the storyline was too slow- so I really appreciated that. All in all, she has really been one of the most patient and thorough agents that I've dealt with.

While she ended up passing on it, she did say that they'd like to read anything else that I have available. So...while they didn't bite on one, maybe one of my others will do the job!

*crossing fingers*

Hope this helps.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
:hi:Hello...just wondering if anyone has heard from this agency yet? Thanks.

I never queried them. I've just been researching, and I haven't been able to scrape up much information. That in itself can be a bad sign, but is not necessarily a bad sign (some of the very best agencies have only a little bit of information publicly available).

LiteraryChick

Registered
Reaction score
Objective Entertainment

Soul Writer: thanks for your reply! Hey, even though they passed on your current manuscript, it's great that they asked to see your future work...that really shows that they liked your writing. I'll bet the next one will do the trick! It's a lot easier to query when the agent is familiar with your writing style, etc. So good luck!

Jamie Hall: I think this agency is a good one, from what I've read so far. They also have a new website. :Sun:

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Found more info:

One client is Andie Knight, author of the upcoming FRENEMIES, PAYBACK'S A WITCH and GIRLFRIENDS' MURDER CLUB (she snagged Elizabeth Jote with FRENEMIES). I haven't found any other clients for Elizabeth Jote so far.

I do see sales for agency members Brendan Deneen and Ian Kleinert at Objective Entertainment (try googling "very nice deal" and "objective entertainment" together).

Here it sounds like Elizabeth Jote is a very strong supporter of the idea that ebooks will replace printed books.

Elizabeth Jote came from the Carol Mann Agency originally.

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have queried Elizabeth Jote, and since I didn't see her listing on agentquery.com, I didn't know she wanted the first three chapters included in the initial query. She took the time to read my query, and rather than reject it, she replied and asked for the first three chapters.

She seems very quick on the replies, so, here's crossing my fingers.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um...?

Ha! I queried Ms. Jote over the weekend and this morning I recived a reply that said "Thanks!"

Period.

My last line of my query was the usual "I would be happy to send you the entire manuscript" blather. Before I make a dolt of myself and email the poor woman for clarification on whether she means "thanks, I'll take that manuscript!" or "thanks for the query--talk to you later, maybe!" I was wondering if anyone has received a similar response from her and is savvy to her style. If not, I'll email her tomorrow and inquire.

She seems upbeat, if cryptic!

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! I queried Ms. Jote over the weekend and this morning I recived a reply that said "Thanks!"

Period.

My last line of my query was the usual "I would be happy to send you the entire manuscript" blather.

Did you send the first three chapters?

If not, send them in response, because that's what she wants in a query.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org

Period.

My last line of my query was the usual "I would be happy to send you the entire manuscript" blather. Before I make a dolt of myself and email the poor woman for clarification on whether she means "thanks, I'll take that manuscript!" or "thanks for the query--talk to you later, maybe!" I was wondering if anyone has received a similar response from her and is savvy to her style. If not, I'll email her tomorrow and inquire.

She seems upbeat, if cryptic!

Odd! I would be baffled too. Let us know how it ends.