• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Stanton & Associates Literary Agency

johnhchgo

Has anyone worked or any info on Stanton and Associates Lit Agency based out of Texas? I called the WGA & BBB and they have no feedback.

Any help would be great!:hail

bobbylew

various lit agency need info on

Anyone have any feedback on Max Gartenberg Lit Agency?
or Linda Christas Quill and Vision or Fenton Lit Agency out of Colorado
or Harry Preston Stanton and Associates out of Texas

All have requested further information on a query letter sent to them about my work

Thank you in advance

BobbyL

Rick

Max Gartenberg

bobbylew said:

If it helps you at all Max Gartenberg has been a major literary agent for about half a century.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Max Gartenberg has a history of making sales to legitimate presses.

Harry Preston Stanton seems to deal mostly with screenplays. Dave or Victoria might have more information.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
bobbylew said:
or Linda Christas Quill and Vision or Fenton Lit Agency out of Colorado
or Harry Preston Stanton and Associates out of Texas
Max Gartenberg, as others have pointed out, is a well-established agency.

Found this on Linda Christas Quill. Doesn't look encouraging (if you want to approach the small presses she's talking about, you don't need help. Most if not all are very willing to work with unrepresented writers).

As Vomaxx pointed out, Fenton charges fees, and I'm not aware he's made any sales.

I see lots of offerings at Harry Preston Stanton's website, but no sales. His own novels have been published by...PublishAmerica. I don't know how confident I'd be of the industry savvy of an agent who'd handed over his own books to a crooked publisher.

- Victoria

bobbylew

thanks to all of you who have responded! I received another reply today

RIGHTS UNLIMITED any good or bad on them??

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
victoriastrauss said:
I see lots of offerings at Harry Preston Stanton's website, but no sales. His own novels have been published by...PublishAmerica. I don't know how confident I'd be of the industry savvy of an agent who'd handed over his own books to a crooked publisher.
I'd rate my confidence level at less than zero for an agent who sold his own books to PA.

I can maybe, kinda, if I try really really really hard, imagine a scenario in which a legit agent sold a client's book to PA. Like, maybe it was an unsaleable book--one of those weird creations otherwise commercial writers will occasionally have to write just to get it out of their systems. Or maybe it was an old title, long out of print, that had no hope of getting a conventional resale.

But an agent selling his own work to PA? That's too gormless for a newbie author. It's lightyears too gormless for someone who's hung out his shingle as an agent.

bobbylew

Thanks folks for all your input. I have 3 agencies interested in reading my completed manuscript....Max Gartenberg,,Rights Unlimited, PMA Literary already has 3 chapters under review.

I have others who want to see the manuscript also but I am not too excited about then after reading about them.

wrighter

Is Fenton headed by Robert Fenton? There's a Fenton Agency in Michigan.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
They don't seem to be related. I can't find any info on F.L.A. in CO, which is not a good sign (in my book, at least).

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
I'm posting a data point for Stanton & Associates Literary Agency. I just received the following e-mail from one Henry Stanton:

What types of manuscripts are you looking for? We represent a number
of excellent and many published authors.

Henry Stanton
Literary Representaive
Stanton & Associates Literary Agency

For what it's worth it was sent to my personal e-mail address, in regards, I'm presuming, to Eggplant Literary Productions, which I closed down in December of '05. Even when I was operating, I wasn't anywhere near a target market for agented material.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Victoria says: "Found this on Linda Christas Quill. Doesn't look encouraging (if you want to approach the small presses she's talking about, you don't need help. Most if not all are very willing to work with unrepresented writers)."

Dear Victoria,

If you click on the submission information button you will be taken to a sign in screen that requires a password as that part of the site is secured. I find it strange they would make it deliberately impossible to simply send a query.

I was just checking it out, and found that puzzler.

Regards,
Scott

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
He claims to really be a ghost writer and editing service. Consequently, the name of his firm is misleading because it's not really a literary agency.