• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Denise Marcil Literary Agency / Marcil-O'Farrell Literary

rwam

Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread on this agency/agent, but thought I'd pass along that although Maura rejected me, I was pleasantly surprised that the rejection was a personalized document and signed by hand. As luck would have it I was already having a bad (writing related) weekend and when I saw my sase in the mailbox, it was the worst. But I actually felt good after reading that letter.

Hopcus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiahopcus.com
Has anyone worked with Chris Morehouse? Or do you know anything she has sold? I have a partial with her and any info would be greatly appreciated.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with Chris Morehouse? Or do you know anything she has sold? I have a partial with her and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Excellent timing for your question. She sold something 8 days ago.

29 January, 2008
Non-fiction: General/Other

Stan Goldberg's account of struggling with life-threatening cancer and the life-affirming lessons he's learned about forgiveness, gratitude, and love from volunteering with the dying in hospice, to Emily Bower at Shambhala, for publication in June 2008, by Chris Morehouse at Denise Marcil Literary Agency.

Last edited:

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Excellent timing for your question. She sold something 8 days ago.

29 January, 2008
Non-fiction: General/Other

Stan Goldberg's account of struggling with life-threatening cancer and the life-affirming lessons he's learned about forgiveness, gratitude, and love from volunteering with the dying in hospice, to Emily Bower at Shambhala, for publication in June 2008, by Chris Morehouse at Denise Marcil Literary Agency.

That client's website is at http://stangoldbergwriter.com/

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
According to both QueryTracker.net and AgentQuery.com, Chris Morehouse has moved to Dunham Literary. The Dunham website says:

The Denise Marcil Literary Agency, Don Congdon Associates, and Dunham Literary have formed an alliance. Although each of these companies still remains separate, they have created an alliance to share office space and combine back office activities.

I'm not sure I understand this.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
To reduce overhead, they now share an office and some clerical staff.

Last edited:

Golani

Registered
Reaction score
Denise Marcil

does anyone know of recent sales by this agent? help.

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
Golani,

This is from her entry in the 2009 Guide to Literary Agents:

Sold 43 titles in the last year. Welcome to Serenity by Sherryl Woods, The Potable Pediatrician, Super Seniors by William Sears and Peter Sears, In High Gear by Gina Wilkins, The Anti-Alzheimer's Prescription by Vincent Fortanasce.

Golani

Registered
Reaction score
Golani,

This is from her entry in the 2009 Guide to Literary Agents:

Sold 43 titles in the last year. Welcome to Serenity by Sherryl Woods, The Potable Pediatrician, Super Seniors by William Sears and Peter Sears, In High Gear by Gina Wilkins, The Anti-Alzheimer's Prescription by Vincent Fortanasce.

Wow, thanks for the info. 43 seems like a lot of sales -no? i had the impression she might be semi-retired.

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 43 titles applies to the entire agency, Golani, not her personally.

Viva Forever

Registered
Reaction score
Golani & Nandi,
Any info on response time with Denise Marcil? She had requested my full manuscript, and has had it for about a month now. Do you know how long she takes to respond with a yes or no? Thanks!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just a note: has/had partnered with Anne Marie O'Farrell to form the Marcil-O'Farrell Agency. Most recent sales for Denise are under the DMLA name, though.

ETA: adding link: https://www.marcilofarrellagency.com/

Last edited:

poppyI

Registered
Reaction score
I got a reject from Mrs. O'farell 2 days later. I now queried Denise, cross fingers!