• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Transatlantic Literary Agency, Inc.

Seikei

Registered
Reaction score
asked for full; gave it; got nada

The agent for Transatlantic who works in Oregon (her name is Fiona Kenshole) asked for a full from me on July 23. In September, I queried her and she replied that she would read the book within the next two weeks. I haven't heard from her since, and don't expect to.
This kind of inconsiderate and unprofessional conduct is becoming more prevalent among agents. My theory is that since anybody can wake up one morning and declare themselves "an agent," we have a lot of unprofessional people masquerading as agents. Don't expect things to improve. Stephenie Meyer sent "Twilight" to 15 agents and nine of them never responded. (Most of those probably never read it, or even realize today that they let a huge best-seller slip through their fingers.)

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
When I had my query and ms ready for another agent who had been waiting for my polo mystery, I decided to shoot a query off to Stephanie Sinclair, who had formerly worked closely with Samantha Heywood.

She had specifically sent out a call for writers of aboriginal descent (which I am), so I figured, "Why not?"

She asked for the full this afternoon, but wanted a one month exclusive. I told her another full was out, so I couldn't comply, and asked if she still wanted it.

She does, so off it went!

Two fulls on two queries... good sign, yes? *runs off to toss back a Scotch*

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
The agent for Transatlantic who works in Oregon (her name is Fiona Kenshole) asked for a full from me on July 23. In September, I queried her and she replied that she would read the book within the next two weeks. I haven't heard from her since, and don't expect to.
This kind of inconsiderate and unprofessional conduct is becoming more prevalent among agents. My theory is that since anybody can wake up one morning and declare themselves "an agent," we have a lot of unprofessional people masquerading as agents. Don't expect things to improve. Stephenie Meyer sent "Twilight" to 15 agents and nine of them never responded. (Most of those probably never read it, or even realize today that they let a huge best-seller slip through their fingers.)

They are a reputable agency. It's not always policy to respond after a request for full...in any agency. Plus...it can happen that you would still get a response. I wouldn't be spilling sour grapes all over the place, if I were you. I'm certain agencies Google themselves. What you're saying here is inappropriate on so many levels. It's the sweeping brush criticism that bites me the most.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I don't usually nudge on partials. Did the agent confirm receipt of the partial? If so, then I'd probably just let it go until and unless you have an offer from another agent--and then I'd contact them.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with Andrea Cascardi? She 'fav'd' my #dvpit pitch and I'm doing my due diligence before I send her the query. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
She was part of the Herman Agency until 2014

I'm not seeing that the agency she opened afterwards ever got its own thread.

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
I had a friend who was repped by the Herman Agency back then, but it was so long ago.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Just read this in Publisher's Lunch: "Jill Corcoran is leaving Transatlantic Agency to become director, published licensing sales at Smithsonian Enterprises starting October 1. Corcoran's current clients will be represented by Transatlantic's seven children's agents based in New York, Boston, Portland, Toronto, and Chicago."

So she's leaving agenting entirely.

Anne_B

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The word on Query Tracker is that Jodell Sadler has left as well.