• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Piatkus Books

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Thought I'd start a thread on Piatkus, one of the UK's major independent publishers, with some big authors such as Nora Roberts.

Most important: they do accept submissions from authors directly.

I remembered them when, going through my email folder, I found a rejection mail from one of their editors from December 2005. It was a very helpful rejection, with complimentary comments and giving the reasons for the rejection, and an invitation to submit other work.

Just recently, they have been taken over by Little, Brown but will remain an independent imprint.

http://www.piatkus.co.uk/

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Thought I'd start a thread on Piatkus, one of the UK's major independent publishers, with some big authors such as Nora Roberts.

Most important: they do accept submissions from authors directly.

I remembered them when, going through my email folder, I found a rejection mail from one of their editors from December 2005. It was a very helpful rejection, with complimentary comments and giving the reasons for the rejection, and an invitation to submit other work.

Just recently, they have been taken over by Little, Brown but will remain an independent imprint.

http://www.piatkus.co.uk/

Thank you for this information. I am going to check them out.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Thanks for the info. I think people'll appreciate the heads-up. My impression has been that British publications tend to like more back-ground-info/motivation than many American publishers.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, sorry. Aruna posted this coming up on four years ago. According to their current submission guidelines, "Piatkus no longer accepts unsolicited proposals."

Website's remarkably pretty, IMO. Uncluttered and easy to navigate, yet simple and attractive. But I digress.