Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Piatkus Books

Piatkus Books

Thought I'd start a thread on Piatkus, one of the UK's major independent publishers, with some big authors such as Nora Roberts.

Most important: they do accept submissions from authors directly.

I remembered them when, going through my email folder, I found a rejection mail from one of their editors from December 2005. It was a very helpful rejection, with complimentary comments and giving the reasons for the rejection, and an invitation to submit other work.

Just recently, they have been taken over by Little, Brown but will remain an independent imprint.

http://www.piatkus.co.uk/
    OUT NOW!
    The Lost Daughter of India
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by aruna View Post
    Thought I'd start a thread on Piatkus, one of the UK's major independent publishers, with some big authors such as Nora Roberts.

Most important: they do accept submissions from authors directly.

I remembered them when, going through my email folder, I found a rejection mail from one of their editors from December 2005. It was a very helpful rejection, with complimentary comments and giving the reasons for the rejection, and an invitation to submit other work.

Just recently, they have been taken over by Little, Brown but will remain an independent imprint.

http://www.piatkus.co.uk/
    Thank you for this information. I am going to check them out.

Thank you Aruna

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing. The Grump's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I think people'll appreciate the heads-up. My impression has been that British publications tend to like more back-ground-info/motivation than many American publishers.
    My Book Blog: me muttering at Lessons from My Reading with fantasy book reviews from a writer's point of view.

Guys, sorry. Aruna posted this coming up on four years ago. According to their current submission guidelines, "Piatkus no longer accepts unsolicited proposals."

Website's remarkably pretty, IMO. Uncluttered and easy to navigate, yet simple and attractive. But I digress.
    Moral of the story: Soy yogurt is evil and don't cross picketlines. -Twizzle

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: