• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Fletcher & Company (formerly Fletcher & Parry)

SashaB

Fletcher & Parry? I'm new but I didn't see anything on this agency on the link page. Thanks.

acharity

fantabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
It does seem like a good place. Very kind responses to e-mail queries, though their website says that they are no longer accepting them due to volume.

Hopcus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiahopcus.com
Does anyone know much about Kate Scherler? I sent in a full to her and she sounds good but I'm not sure who her clients are.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
21 day polite request for fifty pages via email
attachment from melissa chinchillo via email today.
i had sent a query snail mail.

18 day rejection via SASE from kate scherler
on 3/10.

j.s.cutler

Registered
Reaction score
Kate Scherler has apparently left Fletcher and Parry, now called Fletcher and Company. I don't know if she is working somewhere else, on her own or just out of the biz.

j.s.cutler

Registered
Reaction score
Follow-up info

Caveat emptor here.

I had three different people from Fletcher & Company (formerly Fletcher & Parry) contact me about my manuscript, after my original full was sent to an agent who later left the company. None seemed to know what the other was doing. None of them were listed in any of the agent directories I could find.

One request was in writing with the correct manuscript name but addressed to a different person.

The person who ended up with my manuscript was apparently an editorial assistant. She was pleasant, as were the other folks I communicated with via email. However there is a serious organizational problem here.

Perhaps they'll straighten things out during this apparent transitional phrase, but just be aware.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Finchely Road Literary (Rebecca Gradinger)

So I saw this in Publisher's Lunch today:

"Rebecca Gradinger has left Janklow & Nesbit Associates and launched Finchley Road Literary, a boutique agency specializing in literary fiction, up-market commercial fiction, narrative non-fiction, memoir, humor and pop culture."

Anybody know how to contact this agent now?

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for starting a new thread. I checked AQ initially but no info. I should be more patient.

My query has been sent today; I will update with response time/info for others as I get it.

Last edited:

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Just an update here from Publisher's Lunch:

"Rebecca Gradinger, who recently left Janklow & Nesbit after six years to create Finchley Road Literary, is folding that agency into Fletcher & Company, where she is now working as an agent. She will also handle the company's magazine work and cover the Canadian market"

I queried her on March 17th at the Finchley Road email address and have yet to hear back. I wonder if I ever will now.

Barbarique

Elle est arrivée!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.iolanthewoulff.com
From today's Publishers Lunch:

"Rebecca Gradinger, who recently left Janklow & Nesbit after six years to create Finchley Road Literary, is folding that agency into Fletcher & Company, where she is now working as an agent. She will also handle the company's magazine work and cover the Canadian market.

Gradinger joins a team that was bolstered last year by Grainne Fox, who had been with Ed Victor Ltd. for ten years, as agent and manager of UK co-representation business, and Swanna MacNair, agent and head of feature/tv development, who had been a senior development executive at Misher Films. MacNair is managing media rights and also developing projects based on clients' books and original ideas."

http://www.fletcherandco.com/fletcher_about.html

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I queried her at Finchley on 4/4 and haven't heard either. I was just about to query an agent at Fletcher. I guess I better wait a bit now. Sigh.

writermama

Registered
Reaction score
Ever heard back?

Hi. I've been reading for a while but never posted before. Has anyone ever heard back from Rebecca Gradinger on an actual submission? I submitted to her (at her request, fifty pages each time) when she was at J&N, followed back up with her months later, and never heard back, and when she started her own agency and also sent her a follow up once she switched over to Fletcher with a separate novel. With both novels, she answered my query within minutes, requesting fifty pages, saying she would love to read my work, and neither time did she get back to me, even after I sent follow ups. Right now she's had my fifty pages three months and hasn't responded. I'm just wondering if this is a trend? J&N is a prestigious agency, as is Fletcher, and she has a decent client list, so I'm perplexed by the lack of follow up.

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
I queried back in March. Heard nothing. Looks like one of those agencies that don't reply once they are no longer interested, whatever submission stage that may be.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I never did hear from her from the query I sent to her Finchley agency. I ended up querying another agent at Fletcher instead.

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Swanna MacNair yesterday and got an out of office auto-reply:

Our office is closed as of 1pm Friday August 28th and will reopen on Tuesday September 8th. I will be checking email and voicemail frequently during the break.

They're closed til after Labor Day it appears so if you are thinking of querying possibly better to hold off until after this :)

tempered_steel

Writing, fencing, and chocolate!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick question about Christy Fletcher. It says on her Publisher's Marketplace page that she represents fantasy, but on her website, it says nothing of the sort. Does anyone know if she represents that genre?

Mel A.

settling in with my red pen . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick question about Christy Fletcher. It says on her Publisher's Marketplace page that she represents fantasy, but on her website, it says nothing of the sort. Does anyone know if she represents that genre?
My understanding from AgentQuery.com is that she is not taking unsolicited queries at present.
By the way, I think I remember reading a few versions of your query over at SYW, and I really liked the premise. Good luck!!

rathhaven

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed a few of us on QT e-submitted requested pages to Lucinda Blumenfeld in Oct. 2009 Looks like no one has heard back. Any one know for sure if this agency does not respond to submissions if they are not interested or if Ms. Blumenfeld is back-logged? Of course by this time I've moved on to other requests. Nice to at least get a quick R so you know the submission arrived, though. Tried a gentle reminder Jan 2 with the pages attached again, just in case.

NNSakusha

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ninanakayama.blogspot.com
Equeried Swanna MacNair via her email and got a lightning fast response from Swanna literally minutes later for a partial. She was really nice. She asked that I email a partial to her and her assistant. Got a form rejection via email from the company email. My wait was about four months so maybe you'll be hearing from them soon? They sounded busy but definitely professional. (= Good luck!

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Ms. MacNair never responded to my November 5, 2009 query, so I'd say in my case that no response means "NO".