what do you suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo

Registered
Reaction score
I have finally finished the fourth edit of my novel and I have sent it off for proof reading. I am sure now that I am satisfied with it.
I would really like to think about publishing etc.
Would it be in my best interest to start approaching agents with my work or are there other channels I should perhaps go down before hand.
I am looking for guidance really and any help would be much appreciated.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Hi Theo, and welcome. Sometimes we are our own best editors, and sometimes we're not. Why don't you post a piece on the SYW (Share Your Work) section of the boards and look at the responses? That's a good way to tell if your writing needs a little tweaking or a lot of tweaking before jumping into the agent game.

After everything is smooth and ready, querying agents is next. Don't get me started on querying. For me, writing a query is the equivalent of shooting up arsenic. ;) But there are plenty of threads on this board to help you write queries, and even a place in SYW to have people crit them. Good luck!

Last edited:

Garpy

keyboard monkey
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scarrow.dsnet.co.uk
As well as SYW here, you could also consider posting either an excerpt or the synopsis here:-

YouWriteOnline

These are certainly far better places to get beta feedback than family or friends.

Oh...and perhaps the worst place to get feedback is you local writer's group who will agonise over pedantic details and not cover bigger issues like 'is the book a compelling tale'.

Status
Not open for further replies.