• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Packager] Mel Parker Books, LLC

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
Any thoughts I checked the usual spots not much to report not sure that this guy is really an agent seems more like a resource tool. It's ok to laugh at me as I am laughing along with you.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Any thoughts

Punctuation is good.

As for the agency? Looks like a book packager and agency with some ties to Trident Media Group (based on their Rights link), which is a major agency. Books listed seem to be to to big houses, though I don't know the specifics of all of them.

Link: http://www.melparkerbooks.com/home.html

Last edited:

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Deadly. This seems like a very tough process for writers as nobody wants to get burned. I am hoping that I can also get a real answer when they accept representation and say hey if you are to busy don't do this and if you can't sell don't but in a nicer writer way... What forum should I read about litearary agent contracts and points/tips?

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
Right now Kristen Nelson is doing a blog series on the components of her contract. Google Kristen Nelson Pubrants.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Mel Parker has a major background in the industry. However, it's at least a potential conflict of interest for a book packager and a literary agency to co-exist (since packaging is far more lucrative for the packager than agenting is for the agent); and although there are some major publishers' names in the "forthcoming" section of Parker's Publishers Marketplace listing, it's not clear whether the titles were packaged or agented by the firm.

From Writer Beware's blog, here's a post on what to look for in an author-agent agreement, from the author's perspective.

- Victoria

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Right now Kristen Nelson is doing a blog series on the components of her contract. Google Kristen Nelson Pubrants.

Click here for Kristin's blog.

It's quite a nice and informative blog, one I check on an almost regular basis.

~Nancy