IT'S TOO HOT!!!!!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't stand it. My house is like a sauna.

I am moving to Alaska.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
That is the beauty of nekid-now you can walk about nekid-cause you be fit-except of course when the kids are about-you have relatives visiting-or most of the time! Seems I am not being much help here-well off I go then!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
We had to clean three houses today. OUr last one didn't have the air on and all windows were closed. The thermometer in the house read 87 degrees. We did that one fast.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I lived in Fairbanks, AK for 3+ years. It gets hot as hell up there in the summer. It was in the 90s and most places have NO A/C. Add that to the 20+ hours of daylight, wildfires that screw with the air quality so you have to keep your windows closed ... Miserable. No further north, where there's absolutely NOTHING AT ALL, it doesn't get quite as hot. Still ... I'm back in the south, it's 97 degrees F with a heat index of 107. But at least I work in A/C, shop and dine in A/C, and live in A/C.

ETA: The cold was no problem whatsoever. The buildings are built to retain heat. It would be -40 or more and because it was so dry, the cold didn't seem that bad. Besides, you can always bundle up. You can never take off enough to get cool.

Last edited:

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't care how hot it is as long as it's hot. I hate winter.

necia phoenix

Registered
Reaction score
Website
necia-phoenix.livejournal.com
And when it gets cold there?

I just looked at my outdoor thermometer. It says 105, and we are in the monsoon season so it isn't even a dry heat...which is really dumb. Hot is hot.

Take a cold shower. You'll feel better.

You know, humitity (for me) makes it worse. I can handle dry heat, I grew up in Southern California which has dry heat, the humidity kills me. well it melts my brain and ick...

I would rather pile more clothes on, then get nekid and still be hot. I love the winter.

ChimeraCreative

Been there, Done that.
Registered
Reaction score
I think it went up to 36 Celcius here today and 41 or 42 with the humidex. And folks think Canada's cold... yikes. ^_^

-An

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We had to clean three houses today. OUr last one didn't have the air on and all windows were closed. The thermometer in the house read 87 degrees. We did that one fast.

When my elderly parents lived in their apartment, that's what they used to do. Leave the windows closed and the air conditioner off. They were always cold.

When we went over to visit, that place was so hot! My mom is in a nursing home now where they use air conditioning. She wears long sleeve shirts, turtlenecks, and a sweater even in July and August.

Reaction score
NYC should be shut down and re-opened no earlier than October 1st. Humans shouldn't be forced to endure these conditions.

Like I've said, the problem is not global warming.

It's global humidity.