• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Foundry Literary + Media

Capes&Corsets

Exceptional ass-kickery...served.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theseventhcircleofelle.blogspot.com
I sent my full to Mollie Glick about fifteen minutes ago. She checked out my chapters and asked for the whole manuscript. I'm not going to be overly-hopeful, but I'm just happy that an agent liked it enough to ask for it!

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query, got a response from Kendra Jenkins for first 4 chapters, then a week later she asked for the full in e-mail doc, said she was enjoying it. I'll wait a month before querying her about it.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just received a full request from Hannah Brown Gordon on an e-mail query. Turnaround time was 33 days, so she must be a little ahead of her normal schedule.

tea rose

Registered
Reaction score
To Capes&Corsets, CarolSanDiego, charlys and Krista G: the first time you e-queried, did you do so via a secret direct email address to Hannah or via the submissions(at)foundrymedia.com address on the agency's website?
I am very keen to query Stephanie or Yfat and your advice is appreciated!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
To Capes&Corsets, CarolSanDiego, charlys and Krista G: the first time you e-queried, did you do so via a secret direct email address to Hannah or via the submissions(at)foundrymedia.com address on the agency's website?

I e-queried Ms. Gordon directly with the e-mail address provided by Agent Query (the secret formula appears to be first initial last name at foundrymedia dot com). However, Agent Query also notes that neither Stephanie or Yfat accept e-mail submissions, so you'll probably want to look into that.

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
I sent my full to Mollie Glick about fifteen minutes ago. She checked out my chapters and asked for the whole manuscript. I'm not going to be overly-hopeful, but I'm just happy that an agent liked it enough to ask for it!

Hi there,

can I ask you: how long did she take to respond to your original query?
I queried her on 10/12 and now I regret it, I should have queried her with
my second novel, I think it's a better match, so I am debating how long I should wait before querying her again...

thanks!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Hi there,

can I ask you: how long did she take to respond to your original query?
I queried her on 10/12 and now I regret it, I should have queried her with
my second novel, I think it's a better match, so I am debating how long I should wait before querying her again...

thanks!

I'd like to know too! I queried her on 8/30 and she hasn't responded yet.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody ever queried Peter McGuigan?

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
Foundry Literary & Media

Good luck to you both - sounds promising! Any time an agent reads some then asks for more, it's a good thing!

I e-mailed a query originally to Kristina S., unaware Kendra had taken over for her. Kendra responded and asked for first 4 chapters. Then a few weeks later she e-mailed me for full ms, claiming she really was enjoying it. I did and she promptly e-mailed me back she got it. That's what I call a professional agent!
My story's a woman's fiction comedy-drama with a lot of funny, true-to-life scenes and a little romance. Victoria Sanders read full ms. 6 months ago asking for 3-week exclusive and sent me a beautiful rejection letter with all the good points (protagonist breathes air and engages, fresh compelling concept, narrative voice is lively and storytelling filled with clever wit, etc., etc.) Gave me her editorial input on changes which she was right about. Since she was passing, I made all the revisions and sent it to Kendra at Foundry. Maybe she'll like it, maybe not. It's been a month since I sent the full ms. to her. I'm scared to e-mail her too soon and find I got the big R. She didn't ask for exclusive so I've been hitting lots of other agents with queries while waiting for her answer. I'll wait another week before following up with Kendra, who sounds nice. Never hold your breath with one agent unless they ask for an exclusive and that should be no more than 3 months if you agree.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Charlys,

Kendra sounds like a great agent. I'd like to query her too. What is her email add?

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
Sent an e-query to Hannah Brown Gordon today and got a request for a full! That was WAY fast.

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theresabloginmysoup.blogspot.com
E-query to HBG a week ago with a request for a full today! Seems she's caught up and speeding through things these days. Fingers crossed!

As for those waiting on Mollie, I remember reading somewhere that she's no response = no interest.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Ms. Gordon is not going to be without reading material for the next little while :)

bluehippo

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Hanna Brown Gordon on the 14th November, rejected on the 17th.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
is Hannah Brown Gordon a no response = no agent? Does anyone know?

I queried 20/10, so i'm just wondering whether to cross that off and move on.

Judging by her stats on Query Tracker, I'd say that's probably a safe assumption. In the last 30 days, she has more non-responses (14) than rejections (9).

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Received a form rejection from Ms. Gordon today, making the turnaround time on my requested full almost exactly two months. Not too long, although I would have preferred a different response. C'est la vie.

J. M. Hunter

Registered
Reaction score
The only comment about this agency is that they sure work fast! I received a form rejection from Stephen Barbara about 4 minutes after I sent my query and first 5 pages! That's a new record for me! Although the response was a rejection, I'm glad he responded so quickly; I can move on to the next agent on my list instead of hanging in query hell waiting on a response.