• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Foundry Literary + Media

GoblinGirl

loves creamed corn with bacon
Registered
Reaction score
I queried him on 1/6 after the move and he turned rejection around within a couple of hours.

I queried him just before the move, and got a R, I think, the same day. His "send" finger is lightening quick!! :D

Wonderlander

Bird In Flight
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed a query to Hannah Gordon Brown at this agency yesterday - they look really good.

Arquebus

Registered
Reaction score
Mollie Glick asked for an exclusive on a partial for a month. I gave it to her with the understanding I had already queried other agents. In one month -- to the day -- she passed. Disappointing, but I really appreciate her keeping her word.

GoblinGirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hannah Gordon just requested the full for FIREBRAND by email. Wish me luck! *crosses fingers*

Red, that's awesome!! I hope you get a quicker response than me--as I'm still waiting!! :D

GG

GoblinGirl

Registered
Reaction score
Eep! Congrats! I didn't know she requested your full too. I guess we'll be constantly refreshing our email box together, then. :p

Red, she's had it since September, so, either I'm already rejected with no response, or they're just super busy! I hope I at least find out I was officially rejected!! :tongue

GoblinGirl

Registered
Reaction score
Red,

Yeah, I've kind of written it off (no pun intended)! Please keep us posted on how it goes for you!!! Go RED!!!!!

GoblinGirl

Registered
Reaction score
I'll take that "Go RED!" Thank you. Just got a full request from Foundry on my old project...took 4 months to go from partial to full, wonder how long I'll be waiting after that.

What is it with the "Reds" getting request from Foundry lately???? Redzilla, Red.Ink.Rain??? :D

Good luck, Redzilla!!!! They've had my full since September, with no feedback. I nicely nudged twice with no response...

Hopefully, yours will move faster than mine!!!

GoblinGirl

Registered
Reaction score
I sent off the full today and got a confirmation of receipt from Kendra Jenkins. I love it when agents do that. :)
Did you email yours? They asked me to send mine via snail mail.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Stephen Barbara was at the SCBWI Golden Gate Conference at Asilomar this weekend. I didn't get to speak with him personally, but he gave a presentation that was quite funny. If you specialize in over-the-top humor, I think he would be a good fit!

He mentioned that he is now THE agent for children's books at Foundry. He shared some of his recent books with us, and one common thread is that he likes High Concept books, books where the premise is big and bold. He knows other agents like quiet books, and he said he does read them...sometimes... But in general, he prefers a big story, I think.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried Hannah lately and gotten a response? Thanks!

Kelly Oz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there- I am an Australian writer who just found this site (and particularly this thread) when I was Googling Foundry and Stephanie Abou... my first novel came out here in Australia two months ago, and my Australian agent convinced Stepahnie at Foundry to take me on. I just wanted to say that she sent my book (commercial fiction) out within three weeks of contact and had an offer for it from what I think is a good US publisher (more Googling!) two weeks later. I haven't dealt with her directly- that's my Oz agent's role at this stage- but in all the cc-ed correspondence I've seen she is bright, kind, enthusiastic and *very* switched on. I was Googling her to get a feel for the agency- a bit belatedly now all this has happened- but so far my dealings with it have been 100% positive.

Good luck to all! It took me 10 years of writing and 2 previous unpublished novels to write one that was finally published... and it's all been more than worthwhile. :)

Last edited: