• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Foundry Literary + Media

KaiaSonderby

The Little Aspie That Could
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aerodaydreams.livejournal.com
I'm sorry if someone has already asked this but the thread is a bit long. On the agency's website it says to send query, synopsis, first three chapters and author bio when submitting. But Ms. Gordon's page on AgentQuery says query only for e-submissions. Anyone know which is correct?

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Always go with the agency website - AgentQuery can be very out of date sometimes. And even if the agency website was out of date, that'd be their fault. Why pass up an opportunity to include pages if you can get away with it? ;)

SarahMacManus

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a query and the first three chapters. Apparently her MO is to request three more if she's interested.

SarahMacManus

Registered
Reaction score
The difference between Word docs as .doc and .docx is driving everyone kind of nuts lately.

Penang

Registered
Reaction score
I've been thinking of querying her, but can't find any clarification on how to send the first 3 chapters. In one interview she says to attatch them, but that seems contrary to every other agents who only take attachments when requested and want initial samples in the body of the email. Any one know?

Forsaken

...Writing...
Registered
Reaction score
I attached the first three chapters and got a request for three more chapters two months later, so attachment seems to be fine.

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theresabloginmysoup.blogspot.com
For what it's worth, I never heard from Hannah. I know I won't. I've accepted this and have moved on. Best of luck to those still querying. I sincerely that hope nobody else has to go through the hurt and disappointment I went through. I just wanted to follow up one last time.

I'm in the process of getting my next novel ready for querying and look forward to contacting all of the agents who asked to see my next project after reading the first one. The bright side is, I write because I love it and no amount of disappointment can change that :)

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Question for anybody-

Casey McCormick over at Literary Rambles just posted that Stephen Barbara's profile was back up. Does that mean that he wasn't accepting queries for awhile? It's been four weeks since I sent a query, and I haven't gotten a response. I assumed, since he's a quick responder, that it was a rejection by default. Is it possible that his query letters were just getting deleted (because he was closed to queries and I didn't realize it)?

Just wondering if anyone's had communication with him in the last month. Thanks!

rifferaff

kickin' you-know-what
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rifferaff.typepad.com
@CharleyGirl I'm wondering the same thing. It's been 3 - 4 weeks since my query and he's a notorious fast responder, yet I never heard anything. Hoping someone pops in with some news.

Lydia Sharp

for the love of love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lydiasharp.blogspot.com
Stephen's PM page mentions that "a response cannot be guaranteed due to the volume of submissions I receive." That is also quoted on the Literary Rambles site. I would take that to mean that if he doesn't respond within a reasonable amount of time, he's not interested. Not sure why he would give a quick R to some and ignore others, though.

I don't think the Literary Rambles post was implying he had been closed to queries. I got the impression that Casey had revised his profile and was "just letting us know" about the update.

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Stephen's PM page mentions that "a response cannot be guaranteed due to the volume of submissions I receive." That is also quoted on the Literary Rambles site. I would take that to mean that if he doesn't respond within a reasonable amount of time, he's not interested. Not sure why he would give a quick R to some and ignore others, though.

I don't think the Literary Rambles post was implying he had been closed to queries. I got the impression that Casey had revised his profile and was "just letting us know" about the update.

Thanks Lydia!

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
I read on query tracker that Brandi Bowles rejected on 8/19 (after @ 2 months) with a note "I’m being very selective with fiction right now, trying not to take on more than 3 novels a year. Again, sorry it wasn’t a fit."

Anybody else get that e-mail? I was just wondering if that was a form reject. I'm coming up on the 2 month mark with my query and I was just curious.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
@Jamiekswriter I received a rejection from Brandi on 9/14 (queried an UF on 6/22) that was a fairly standard "not right for me" with an apology for the delay. According to my notes, it was at the long end of her response window, but not abnormally late.

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone's had communication with him in the last month. Thanks!

@CharleyGirl I'm wondering the same thing. It's been 3 - 4 weeks since my query and he's a notorious fast responder, yet I never heard anything. Hoping someone pops in with some news.

I wonder if he's just gone the way of non response now. I also have an unanswered query hanging out there. Bummer.

Amy28

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Brandi on 9/14 for nonfiction and got a form rejection 9/15. But it was a very nice form rejection. And quick at that!

rifferaff

kickin' you-know-what
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rifferaff.typepad.com
My experience with Brandi Bowles, to whom I queried my YA Urban Fantasy

equery - 10/1
full request - 10/4
full rejection - 10/28

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
My experience with Brandi Bowles, to whom I queried my YA Urban Fantasy

equery - 10/1
full request - 10/4
full rejection - 10/28

Oooh sorry, Rifferraff. I also had the full of my YA urban fantsy recently rejected by Brandi. Hurts, don't it?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ms. Bowles 11/1 (with the first three chapters attached)
Rejection received 11/23

YA science fiction

Shari C.

It's time to try defying gravity.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
workofheart09.wordpress.com
Does anyone know if Lisa Grubka is a "no response equals no" for queries? I haven't been able to find anything definitive and am wondering whether it's worth resubmitting, just in case.

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Any new information on Chris Park? Does she respond to all queries?

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
No one has had any experience with Chris Park?