Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Foundry Literary + Media

syp218

Foundry Literary + Media

[redacted at request of OP]
    Last edited by MacAllister; 02-28-2011 at 04:37 AM.

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by syp218 View Post
    Anybody have any contact with this agency, Foundry Lit and Media? Looking around the message boards I can't find any info on them. In particular, Yfat Reiss Gendell. She likes my manuscript and wants to call me to talk. The other co-agent is Peter McGuigan who I know worked at Sanford Greenburger and Associates. Just wondering if anyone knows anything else! Thanks!
    I did a quick search and found this about Ms. Gendell on Agent Query. She doesn't list having worked at any prior agencies or publishers, and there's nothing listed under deals.

I also did a quick search on Peter McGuigan and his entry doesn't have anything beyond what he's looking for.

However, there's a dollar sign next to the agency name on Preditors and Editors.

The website is here.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

requiescat in pace Requiescat In Pace

Agents Stephanie Abou & Kristina Schulz

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Kristina Schulz and Stephanie Abou of Foundry Literary + Media?

I'm preparing a query package to send them but I find very little when I google their names. It's my understanding that Kristina specializes in childrens's books.

According to Publishers Marketplace, both are very recent additions. Foundry's webpage has yet to be updated to include them.

Any comments will be appreciated and rep points will be given.

Thanks in advance,

ILSinTexas
    It is with the deepest sadness that I must tell all of you that my wife, Irene Schaft, passed away on Monday, 9 August 2010 from a massive stroke.

In lieu of flowers, please consider making a contribution to Parker Paws, http://www.parkerpaws.org/donate.html a local animal shelter.

Irene's system will only be up infrequently for the next few weeks, and her mail will not be checked regularly. Any messages of condolence can be sent to her husband George at schaft@schaft.com

Irene's blog: [URL]http://sybilsimon.com/[/URL]

My spreadsheet shows Stephanie used to work at "Global Literary Management". Here's a link to her Agentquery.com page:

http://www.agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=108
    Last edited by rwam; 10-25-2007 at 06:32 AM.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Moved to Bewares & Background Check.

- Victoria

practical experience, FTW Pisarz's Avatar
    Stephanie requested a partial of mine many revisions ago (which means it didn't have a chance). She was incredibly responsive and polite, and she gave me once of the nicest, most personalized rejections I've gotten. If her rejections are that kind, I can only imagine what a delight she'd be to have as an agent. Thumbs way, way up for Stephanie Abou.
    YA writer represented by Ginger Clark.

Twitter: @snarkychicklet

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link for Foundry: http://www.foundrymedia.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I know it's been a while, but is there any update on this? Did the deal go through? I'm interested in them as well, but cannot find much.

I have a full out with Kristina Shulz of the agency. She responded very quickly to my partial (w/in two days) and was enthusiatic about reading the whole thing. It has been nearly eight weeks.
    Running On Empty available now.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

Update

I emailed Foundry to check on the status of my full manuscript request. I was informed that Kristina Schulz has left the agency.

Another agent has taken over reviewing manuscripts, but I'd be surprised if she has the same level of enthusiasm toward mine. Aargh.

If anyone has sent material to Ms. Schulz, I suggest you contact the agency to check on it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to find some sharp objects to jab in my eyeballs.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

Update Update

Kendra Jenkins has taken over the submissions for Kristina Schulz. I had a message from her in my inbox this evening, which I fully expected to be a rejection.

Instead, I got this:

Hi Vandal I just wanted to let you know that I am halfway through your manuscript and am enjoying it. Ill be in touch when I finish it.

Thanks for your patience.

Cool. A progress report.

So, if anyone has overdue submissions to Foundry, be patient. They are catching up.

I guess I can now remove the sharp objects from my eyeballs.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

practical experience, FTW
    Did you send a query by email? The Web site doesn't mention if you can or not. I hate going to the post office.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingby View Post
    Did you send a query by email? The Web site doesn't mention if you can or not. I hate going to the post office.
    Snail mail only.

In my case, it was money well spent.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

[Agency] Foundry Literary + Media

I submitted a query letter and three chapters to Peter McGuigan at Foundry Literary + Media, and in response I was contacted by Hannah Gordon, who asked for a complete manuscript. She's not listed on the Foundry website, though, and I can't find any information about her online.

Does anyone know anything about Hannah Gordon?

Thank you!

I sent the first 40 pps. of my manuscript to Peter McGuigan back in August, and in Sept. Hannah emailed requesting my full. Haven't heard anything since. In January and February I dropped an email, but no response. I called and she was very nice, and apologized for not getting back- they're slammed (no big surprise) with a lot of reading. Just out of curiosity, when did Hannah request your full?

On May 21. I haven't heard anything back yet, but that's unsurprising, as it's only been a week.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Portia's Avatar

Any new info on Foundry?

I have been offered representation at Foundry, but I am unsure how I feel. Not that much out there on them, still.

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion Mr. Anonymous's Avatar
    I have a full out to Hannah Gordon. Sent it out a few weeks ago. Congratulations on your representation offer Portia!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia View Post
    I have been offered representation at Foundry, but I am unsure how I feel. Not that much out there on them, still.
    Hi Portia! That's awesome, congratulations! Which agent at Foundry is it?

The writer around the corner Bourgeois Nerd's Avatar
    Can anyone who's been repped recently or has a full manuscript with this agency tell me what kind of fiction they write? What genre?

I just want to get a feeling for what this agency is accepting right now. If it's not in my genre, then I won't bother querying. I've gotten back too many letters indicating that an agency is too full with their current client list.

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion Mr. Anonymous's Avatar
    Bourgeois- The full I have out is a low fantasy set in alternate history/reality. lol, I know that's probably not much help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Nerd View Post
    Can anyone who's been repped recently or has a full manuscript with this agency tell me what kind of fiction they write? What genre?

I just want to get a feeling for what this agency is accepting right now. If it's not in my genre, then I won't bother querying. I've gotten back too many letters indicating that an agency is too full with their current client list.

I have a revised full with them right now. It's YA.

Their sales indicate a broad range of genres.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Nerd View Post

Their website now includes books they've represented. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.foundrymedia.com/books/index.html
    "Crazy visions you got. Come with me to barber, we bleed you, you see right, everything good. I buy for you first leech."
    - The Wrong Sword

And Read The Blog!

I sent a full out to Hannah Gordon yesterday. My original query was to McGuigan - took 6 weeks to hear back so I'm not expecting any quick turnaround. I assume at a minimum 3 months. I've just started querying the project, a thriller, so I'm not in any hurry. Just started another novel and that has most of my energy and attention AND it keeps me sane.

From what I've heard, Foundry is a very successful and collaborative agency. I don't think they've been open too long, but in the time they have they've made several seven-figure deals for their authors.

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast