• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Foundry Literary + Media

syp218

[redacted at request of OP]

Last edited by a moderator:

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody have any contact with this agency, Foundry Lit and Media? Looking around the message boards I can't find any info on them. In particular, Yfat Reiss Gendell. She likes my manuscript and wants to call me to talk. The other co-agent is Peter McGuigan who I know worked at Sanford Greenburger and Associates. Just wondering if anyone knows anything else! Thanks!

I did a quick search and found this about Ms. Gendell on Agent Query. She doesn't list having worked at any prior agencies or publishers, and there's nothing listed under deals.

I also did a quick search on Peter McGuigan and his entry doesn't have anything beyond what he's looking for.

However, there's a dollar sign next to the agency name on Preditors and Editors. :)

The website is here.

~Nancy

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Agents Stephanie Abou & Kristina Schulz

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Kristina Schulz and Stephanie Abou of Foundry Literary + Media?

I'm preparing a query package to send them but I find very little when I google their names. It's my understanding that Kristina specializes in childrens's books.

According to Publishers Marketplace, both are very recent additions. Foundry's webpage has yet to be updated to include them.

Any comments will be appreciated and rep points will be given.

Thanks in advance,

ILSinTexas

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
Stephanie requested a partial of mine many revisions ago (which means it didn't have a chance). She was incredibly responsive and polite, and she gave me once of the nicest, most personalized rejections I've gotten. If her rejections are that kind, I can only imagine what a delight she'd be to have as an agent. Thumbs way, way up for Stephanie Abou.

Rikitikitavi

Registered
Reaction score
I know it's been a while, but is there any update on this? Did the deal go through? I'm interested in them as well, but cannot find much.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
I have a full out with Kristina Shulz of the agency. She responded very quickly to my partial (w/in two days) and was enthusiatic about reading the whole thing. It has been nearly eight weeks.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Update

I emailed Foundry to check on the status of my full manuscript request. I was informed that Kristina Schulz has left the agency.

Another agent has taken over reviewing manuscripts, but I'd be surprised if she has the same level of enthusiasm toward mine. Aargh.

If anyone has sent material to Ms. Schulz, I suggest you contact the agency to check on it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to find some sharp objects to jab in my eyeballs.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Update Update

Kendra Jenkins has taken over the submissions for Kristina Schulz. I had a message from her in my inbox this evening, which I fully expected to be a rejection.

Instead, I got this:

Hi Vandal – I just wanted to let you know that I am halfway through your manuscript and am enjoying it. I’ll be in touch when I finish it.

Thanks for your patience.

Cool. A progress report.

So, if anyone has overdue submissions to Foundry, be patient. They are catching up.

I guess I can now remove the sharp objects from my eyeballs.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Did you send a query by email? The Web site doesn't mention if you can or not. I hate going to the post office.

Scrabble

Registered
Reaction score
[Agency] Foundry Literary + Media

I submitted a query letter and three chapters to Peter McGuigan at Foundry Literary + Media, and in response I was contacted by Hannah Gordon, who asked for a complete manuscript. She's not listed on the Foundry website, though, and I can't find any information about her online.

Does anyone know anything about Hannah Gordon?

Thank you!

loupix

Registered
Reaction score
I sent the first 40 pps. of my manuscript to Peter McGuigan back in August, and in Sept. Hannah emailed requesting my full. Haven't heard anything since. In January and February I dropped an email, but no response. I called and she was very nice, and apologized for not getting back- they're slammed (no big surprise) with a lot of reading. Just out of curiosity, when did Hannah request your full?

Scrabble

Registered
Reaction score
On May 21. I haven't heard anything back yet, but that's unsurprising, as it's only been a week.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
I have a full out to Hannah Gordon. Sent it out a few weeks ago. Congratulations on your representation offer Portia!

JoshLNorton

Registered
Reaction score
I have been offered representation at Foundry, but I am unsure how I feel. Not that much out there on them, still.

Hi Portia! That's awesome, congratulations! Which agent at Foundry is it?

Bourgeois Nerd

The writer around the corner
Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone who's been repped recently or has a full manuscript with this agency tell me what kind of fiction they write? What genre?

I just want to get a feeling for what this agency is accepting right now. If it's not in my genre, then I won't bother querying. I've gotten back too many letters indicating that an agency is too full with their current client list.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Bourgeois- The full I have out is a low fantasy set in alternate history/reality. lol, I know that's probably not much help.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone who's been repped recently or has a full manuscript with this agency tell me what kind of fiction they write? What genre?

I just want to get a feeling for what this agency is accepting right now. If it's not in my genre, then I won't bother querying. I've gotten back too many letters indicating that an agency is too full with their current client list.

I have a revised full with them right now. It's YA.

Their sales indicate a broad range of genres.

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score

Their website now includes books they've represented. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.foundrymedia.com/books/index.html

Repunzel

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a full out to Hannah Gordon yesterday. My original query was to McGuigan - took 6 weeks to hear back so I'm not expecting any quick turnaround. I assume at a minimum 3 months. I've just started querying the project, a thriller, so I'm not in any hurry. Just started another novel and that has most of my energy and attention AND it keeps me sane.

Lucca

Registered
Reaction score
From what I've heard, Foundry is a very successful and collaborative agency. I don't think they've been open too long, but in the time they have they've made several seven-figure deals for their authors.