• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Diggory Press / Exposure Publishing

Ssave

I've been looking over a few forums this past week deciding on which POD publisher would be best to produce a non fiction book (<150 pgs) I am writing. Since my book would have numerous tables, charts and images my choices boiled down to either Lulu.com or Diggory. I was leaning towards Diggory due to their pricing and services along with some positive responses posted here. However, I have noticed there have been some negative experiences as well written on other boards and I am now worried that Diggory may not be all that I had thought. Has anyone had any recent experiences with them? If someone could shed some light on the matter I would appreciate it.

Also, are there any disadvantages in having a UK versus US publisher?

If there are any other publishers you would recommend that do not charge extra for images please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Largely, postage. Lulu postage rates are high, Diggory I don't know. So the location of most of your customers is an issue.

Baumski

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.baumskifilks.com
Diggory Press

Not sure if this the right section but here goes anyway.

I wonder if someone can tell me if Diggory Press are still in business. Over the last while their site informatively says that "this section is currently being redeveloped, please check back later" and therefore doesn't allow for any submission enquiries.

They've not replied to my email and so can anybody throw any light on the matter?

Many thanks

Last edited:

Baumski

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.baumskifilks.com
I have been looking through those links and although I may have overlooked something, I've yet to come across a specific answer.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
If Diggory Press themselves can't tell you whether they're still in business, that rather answers the question, doesn't it?

Their most recent releases seem to have been on 1 September 2007.

Baumski

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.baumskifilks.com
That's what I thought but obviously with such a clued up site as this one is, I was hoping for a little more insight.

Thanks all the same, James.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. I was wondering just the other day how Epicman made out. I guess this answers my question.

Jackie Coupe

Evil Lord
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.witness-online.com
Diggory Press aka Exposure Print aka Meadow print

I apologise in advance to anyone who may have already logged about this company but I feel I need to do my bit to save anyone else from untold loss of cash and heartbreak!

They are now being taken to court by 17 writers, (This is the group action, there may be more individual writers taking action that we aren't aware of yet).
The list of things against them are as follows:
Failure to pay royalties.
Failure to give reports of sales.
Change in contract terms to suit publishers needs, ie: contriving to further deduct from royalties rather than just pay them to the writers by adding 'digital fees' to titles after signing up.
Mis-appropriation of monies paid to them for services.
Rude/kurt/nasty responses to requests for information.
Unlawful sale of titles after writers have requested they stop.
Use of legalease to dupe writers from their investments with threats of legal action for speaking out.

The list goes on but you get the idea.
Anyone else interested in joining the group action drop me a message.

Thanks and take care, us wee writers have gotta stick together ;)

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Can you provide any documentation to support the existence of the lawsuit? I'm asking because, if a lawsuit has actually been initiated (as opposed to just planned), I may be able to post an Alert at Writer Beware.

There's a thread about Diggory at the Books & Tales website. According to the most recent post, participants are being solicited for a class action, but there's no word that anything has actually been filed.

- Victoria

Manny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dysonforums.com
I was all prepared to go with Diggory when I decided to Google them a little to do some due diligence.

I found other forums where some woman called Ros who seems to be the MD spent some time poorly defending herself against accusations from many clients and disgruntled folk. It all plays out like a soap opera with a chap called Manning as ringleader who is the organiser of the class action against Diggory Press.

Having read as much as I can find on Diggory (in case Mr Manning was all sour grapes) I have come to the conclusion that his assertions hold water and his multiple internet musings on the subject have stopped me from spending money with Diggory, and for that I publicly thank him.

To anyone considering Diggory like I was, I urge you to Google them together with the name Stephen Manning and make your own mind up.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Can you provide any documentation to support the existence of the lawsuit? I'm asking because, if a lawsuit has actually been initiated (as opposed to just planned), I may be able to post an Alert at Writer Beware.

There's a thread about Diggory at the Books & Tales website. According to the most recent post, participants are being solicited for a class action, but there's no word that anything has actually been filed.

That thread is astonishing. It's especially astonishing because person after person accepts the excuse of "Oh, they didn't get my email" even though a quick glance through the thread indicates the unlikelihood that seven different authors, in different countries, weren't getting emails through to the publisher.

I also like that two different people accepted the excuse of "Oh, DHL lost the books".

You can't make this stuff up.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
The second thread is even more amazing. Diggory really does not make a good impression there. (To understate things.)

I really enjoyed the threats of police action against the "serial complainers". Reminds me of PA a lot.

Regards,
Scott

Manny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dysonforums.com
I have been Googling at length and found much to discredit Diggory by various people across many forums and other media, including that Manning guy's website of complaints and court preparation stuff.

So Diggory is off my list.