Last Movie You Watched...

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We watched Cabin in the Woods last night, which was fun even though we'd seen it before and remembered what was going on. I'm not a big horror movie fan in general, but I like that one.

Maryn, who adores Richard Jenkins for unknown reasons

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finally watched Wonder Woman. I didn't think I'd like it, I'm not a huge fan of the DC and Marvel movies. They're OK but not fantastic (oh my a pun ;)).

But turned out I loved this movie.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
"The Florida Project". Loved. It. So well done and the performances, especially by the kids, were crazy impressive. Highly recommend everyone see it (it's totally getting the kind of buzz that will likely mean attention come awards season, but regardless of such things, it's so great and worth checking it).

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Finally watched Wonder Woman. I didn't think I'd like it, I'm not a huge fan of the DC and Marvel movies. They're OK but not fantastic (oh my a pun ;)).

But turned out I loved this movie.

same here.
i'm a Marvel fan. but this Wonder Woman, and the tv series--i did like. i will also check out the Teen Titans movie cuz i do like Raven.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Saw Blade Runner 2049 last night.

I thought it would NEVER end. I mean come ON! Almost three hours? Why do people think Jared Leto is such a great actor? He's just creepy for creep's sake. He has no depth, no nuance. The "many moods of Ryan Gosling" (Broody and fighting. Broody and morose. Broody and bleeding. Broody and flirting with a hooker/imaginary girl. Broody and brooding)--UGH. Get over yourself.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Train to Busan. Actually didn't like it that much, mostly because I'm just so over zombie movies. Good, hyper action, but too long by half an hour, cut that and I think I would have enjoyed it.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
Train to Busan. Actually didn't like it that much, mostly because I'm just so over zombie movies. Good, hyper action, but too long by half an hour, cut that and I think I would have enjoyed it.

I think it was great. Here's my review for it:

Noiz Horror Film Journal #124

Film: Train to Busan
Comments: First K-horror film of the year. Last year, the only K-horror film I watched was "The Silenced". Netflix has been lacking with Asian horror of the past couple of years. But this year, they've gotten better. Well, that's first, a zombie deer. Yes, this is a zombie film. I'm not a huge fan of zombies because they are overdone. The little girl seems smarter than her dad. They make you care about what happens to these people on the train. It felt so good when the main character punched a selfish jerk in the face. There are some heart-warming moments in this movie. The twist is a shock, I won't spoil it. It's sad at some parts. But overall, this is really good! American zombie film makers, take notes! This is how you do a zombie film!

audibob1

Registered
Reaction score
Got around to watching Spider-Man: Homecoming. I wasn't sure what I'd think of this one, but it turned out to be better than I expected.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Ingrid Goes West, which I had some problems with but overall enjoyed. It helps if, like me, you live your life on the fringes edges of LA Instagram culture. Lotta jokes about avocado toast.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Star Wars Phantom Menace -- it's been a while since the last time I watched this. I couldn't help but notice how corny a lot of the dialog was, but I will always like this movie.