Last Movie You Watched...

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
Watched Weiner on iTunes.

It's a really haunting story, no matter what your political leaning. A man loves politics - the documentary makes it clear he is most alive when taking part in it. He also loves sexting identifiable pictures to strange women. He can't have both, but he can't give up either.

He also seems to love his family, although they clearly take third place after his two obsessions. It doesn't end well.

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The wall. And it sucked. Although my kids liked it.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
Sweet Home (J-horror). Too slapstick for me. If it had been a US movie in the 40s, it would've starred Abbott and Costello.

I wrote a review for this on my Facebook page.

Today, we are going into the magical time machine back to 1989. This was created by Kurosawa Kiyoshi, the man who brought us "Kairo", "Retribution", and "The Loft". The version I saw, had an advertisement for the video game that came with the movie. Skipping that, we get to the actual movie itself. I think right off the bat we get a "Don't trust the locals" theme going on. It drags a bit before it starts to get interesting. I can kind of tell that this is Kurosawa's first time making a horror film. (He did a pink film before this one.) The old man's song seemed to come out of nowhere for me. The effects by today's standards seem pretty cheap. Not his best work, but Kurosawa got it right with "Kairo" and "Retribution".

The wall. And it sucked. Although my kids liked it.

Are you talking about Pink Floyd's movie?

Today, I watched Matchstick Men.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
The Day After Tomorrow, because it was being shown on TV. I forgot that there were some good subplots in that movie. been a while since I saw it

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Infinitely Polar Bear, one of the best things I've seen in a while.

Sleeping Cat Books

Booking design projects for fall
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sleepingcatbooks.com
Ghost in the Shell (2017 Scarlett Johansson version). I'm not into Japanese manga, so I wasn't familiar with this, but we'll be watching the 1995 anime version now!

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Spider-Man: Homecoming on Saturday.

It's good. Really good. They skipped the origin story, which is what fans have been saying for ages. Yeah, we get it. Radioactive spider. Uncle Ben. Great power, great responsibility. Yeah, yeah... moving on.

But even better was Vulture. The one thing that superhero moves always seem to skimp on is villain motivation. "So you want to rule the world because..." But this guy--his motivation was clear; his goals made sense; even his "endgame" was well thought-out. Plus, they made a nothing villain actually menacing. Nice one, Marvel.

- - - Updated - - -

The Day After Tomorrow, because it was being shown on TV. I forgot that there were some good subplots in that movie. been a while since I saw it
That one almost kept me engaged, until people had to "run away from the cold."

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children... It was kinda sweet.:Shrug:

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Rented a bunch of movies from the library to watch with hub and kids. Have recently watched: Contact, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and The Forest Contact is one of my faves (kids loved it), and we really enjoyed the PotA movies. The Forest I watched with hubs (horror movie with Natalie Dormer) and it was Meh.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
True Romance....not sure how to describe it without spoilers...sort of like "Very Bad Things." A bunch of people making very bad life decisions

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who remembers that women were 'furniture' in Soylent Green?

I didn't. Just saw a re-run and found it more fascinating than the first time around.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Shock Waves (1977, Prime). Underwater Nazi zombies. Sometimes underwater in a swimming pool. Peter Cushing at his most skeletal. John Carradine. Brooke Adams in a bikini. Redshirts galore. It. Is. Hysterical.

weekendwarrior

Registered
Reaction score
Prisoners. Wasn't a huge fan unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

True Romance....not sure how to describe it without spoilers...sort of like "Very Bad Things." A bunch of people making very bad life decisions

I recently rewatched it (see it as a teenager when it first came out). I actually forgot how good it is! Sure it's not aged very well but it's still excellent!

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
netflix DVD: Beauty and the Beast (recent)

hmmm.... i managed to make it all the way to the ballroom dance scene with the infamous tale as old as time song....then my brain checked out and i left the room. i think jack black should have been Gaston's suck up sidekick---cuz i thought it was him until i looked it up....

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid.

I feel so bad now for having taken so long to watch it. Really caught me off guard with quirky and good it is.