Last Movie You Watched...

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Jupiter Ascending

I...need a lie down.

Is that not the weirdest movie ever made?

It could literally be the MacGuffin in another The Ring or Cabin in the Woods style film. "Beware all ye who seek to make sense of these images, for ye shall unleash great chaos upon the world." Then some kid watches it, and suddenly all the bees and dogs are out fighting with aliens to protect the planet from becoming immortal make-up for the intergalactic 1%.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Is that not the weirdest movie ever made?

It could literally be the MacGuffin in another The Ring or Cabin in the Woods style film. "Beware all ye who seek to make sense of these images, for ye shall unleash great chaos upon the world." Then some kid watches it, and suddenly all the bees and dogs are out fighting with aliens to protect the planet from becoming immortal make-up for the intergalactic 1%.

wings.

​WINGS.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Dark Skies. I really enjoyed it. Made me jump a few times, which is always a good thing. :) The ending left me wanting more, but there's no confirmation that Stewart is planning on doing a sequel.

Calla, I'm guessing you haven't seen this one, right? I know you don't care for horror movies centered around kids.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Dark Skies. I really enjoyed it. Made me jump a few times, which is always a good thing. :) The ending left me wanting more, but there's no confirmation that Stewart is planning on doing a sequel.

Calla, I'm guessing you haven't seen this one, right? I know you don't care for horror movies centered around kids.

Yeah. I'm not going to watch this one. Hell, I got angry at Kingsman because they terrified the 2yo in the climactic scene. :rant: It was a logical conclusion to that subplot, but HULKSMASH.

I still haven't see The Conjuring, which I want to because of the cheese/good acting/silliness factor because... terrified little kids.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Why, bearilou? So awesome it blew you away? Such a trainwreck your brain feels woozy?

I don't know about Bearilou, but for me, all the potential awesome was there, but they didn't seem to know what to do with it. There are some scenes that, taken individually, are beautifully shot and either very thrilling or very funny, but put together, it's just plain weird.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
A Walk Among The Tombstones with Liam Neeson, a good movie, but hard to watch. I think the thing about Neeson is he's always believable, if a little flatlined. He's got baggage to unload, and so the ending's a little predictable. Otherwise it's well written, but so friggin' dark.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I'm half-way through Godzilla. I'm not really a huge fan of those kinds of movies, but it's actually pretty good and my husband really wanted to watch it. We had to stop last night though because it was just too late and my brain was conking out on me. We will finish it tonight.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, and one with Emmy Rossum, Before I Disappear, yeah, no, not really, almost and all that. The little girl in that though ... googling ... Fatima Ptacek, I think we'll hear from.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Finished Godzilla. It was pretty good. Watched Domestic Disturbance. Not so good. Great cast of actors, but IDK. Can't put my finger on it. Something was majorly missing for me or just didn't work, but not sure what? Weird.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blazing Saddles, the uncensored version. Cracks me up every time. Hubby and I saw it in the theater when it was first released. I started giggling as soon as the theme song started. Hubby is like, what is wrong with you? I said, that's Frankie Laine singing. And he's like, so? For others of you who don't get the joke, in the 40s and 50s Frankie Laine sang the theme songs for a number of straight westerns.

MM

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Charlie's Angels--Family movie night. Always a fun watch for me. Our girls enjoyed it.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Watching Transformers: Age of Extinction as I edit. So. Incredibly. Bad.

One piece of dialogue for the ages: Our Hero: You can't search my property. You don't have a warrant. Bad Guy: My face is my warrant.

:roll:

ETA: Good heavens, this movie is TERRIBLE. What were these actors thinking?

ETAA: This is a Mark Wahlberg movie worse than The Happening. I didn't think that was possible.

Last edited:

saiko_neko

Registered
Reaction score
The One I Love. Simple version of Solaris, but from a perspective of marriage problems. I still recommend it, although it's kind of a predictable ending.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
"Begin Again" with Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley. I liked it. Just a nice little movie. Ruffalo's a record producer who's just been fired from the company he'd founded, in bad shape personally (divorce, booze, broke) when he happens upon singer songwriter Knightley at an open mic and decides she could be the next big thing. All she wants though is to be an artist, without all the trappings. I'm pretty sure it was Keira doing her own singing and she's got a pleasant voice. The music written by Gregg Alexander, I thought was very good as well.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Before I Go to Sleep with Nicole Kidman, Colin Firth, and Mark Strong (on streaming Netflix). Better than I expected. Had some great twists in it, which I didn't see coming. That's always a huge plus for me!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Parasite Eve (1997) starring Hiroshi Mikami (Premonition, 2004). For the first 2/3 it was like a revival of the old "mad scientist tampering in God's domain" movies, complete with obligatory science lesson. Then it veered off a cliff into complete wackiness. I mean complete. I do like Hiroshi Mikami. He has an expressive face and makes you root for his characters.