Last Movie You Watched...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Too Late Blues with Bobby Darin and Stella Stevens. John Cassavettes' second movie as a director. Much better than I remember it. I'd had it placed in the overthetop to the point of satire category. So much so, that a friend and I used to pluck lines out of it to tease each other with. "You don't know nothin' about playin' my music, man!" But I hadn't seen it in years, it really touches on some important themes. Don't get me wrong, it does walk a fine line, but it's either not as corny as I remember it, or I've just caught up with it and so now to me it seems just fine! I think next I'll take another stab at the Frankie and Annette beach movies next.

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
Theory of Everything

Redmayne and Jones were pitch perfect.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Selma--very powerful
Into the Woods--entertaining, but I feel like there's two separate films here that somehow ran into each other.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Re-watched MARIE ANTOINETTE. Still love it. And especially love all the anachronistic details. I know people adore their verisimilitude, but I've always believed there are multiple ways at arriving at a version of the truth (since the "truth" is so often subjective). And I find this film does so much to show that these people were actual human beings just like we were, not aliens living a strange kind of ritualistic life. Anyway, gorgeous thoughtful film. Bought it at a thrift shop yesterday, definitely worth the 2 bucks. :)

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Three word Review: My.God.Why.

Kids loved it. I was disturbed by the sight of big ass turtle men. I still am.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...Anytime you can get good performances out of guys like Ben Affleck, Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry you've impressed me. Rosamund Pike as "Amazing Amy" is amazing. There's a Best Actress nomination in her future...

Hubby and I watched it yesterday, and I totally agree ^

CWHs2

Registered
Reaction score
Taken 3. I like this franchise...for some reason I never tire of watching Liam Neeson kicking ass.

Seven-Deuce

Registered
Reaction score
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. I love Bollywood.

Mr. Nobody. Pretty good, came into it having no idea what it was supposed to be, but I figured the last time I saw Jared Leto in a movie, he got his arm sawed off.

Publius

Hummin', comin', atcha . . .
Registered
Reaction score
The Wolf of Wall St.

Or as my wife calls it, "The awkward naked movie that opens with a guy blowing lines in the most disgusting way possible."

Or as I call it: That time I got to see Jonah Hill's fake wiene.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Hubs and I watched Lucy last night. We both loved it. Fascinating premise. We actually paused several times to discuss our own thoughts on the subject. I read some reader reviews on Reddit, and I wonder if some of the people who didn't like it kind of missed the point. *shrug*

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Treated myself to "The Imitation Game" with Benedict Cumberbatch yesterday. Brilliant movie, purely intellectual warfare as I like it.
Love the moral of the story though: Okay, so you saved millions of people and helped defeat the Nazis, but you're gay so we'll drive you into suicide anyway, kthxbai.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Underworld - Rise of the Lycans. A guilty pleasure. I love watching Michael Sheen and Bill Nighy chew scenery, the werewolves are ace, and the whole thing reminds me of what might have been if Hammer had got a bigger budget for one of their historical horror movies.

cat_named_easter

Registered
Reaction score
Unbroken. It was pretty good, but I see why it didn't really live up to the hype and too-early awards buzz. There was just something... missing. I was mega-surprised at the credits though to see it was written by the Coen brothers! I had no idea. So different for them.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Birdman. What a fucking waste of eight bucks.