Last Movie You Watched...

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Donnie Darko, at long last. Which my autocorrect REFUSES to spell, by the way... That was intense. Had no idea what to expect, but it definitely wasn't...that. I mean that as a high compliment though. This was like watching Jacob's Ladder for the first time again--still not sure exactly what happened, but strangely moved by whatever it was.

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
A documentary about some coocoo for Coco Poops literary theorists' interpretations of Stanley Kubrick's The Shining called Room 237. Bloody awful. Pure mental masturbation.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
The Abominable Dr. Phibes and its sequel. The first was better--wickedly inventive, too--but the sequel had some merit as well. Worth a watch.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
The Purge

It was really good and I enjoyed it. Great concept. Wasn't crazy about how it ended, but what a suspenseful journey!

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The African Queen. Just now. I'm a fan of the classics, trust me, but this one . . . didn't do it for me.

junebugaboo

Registered
Reaction score
"The Mother", an interesting film about an older woman who's husband unexpectedly dies. She moves in with her children and ends up having an affair with the builder (who is also her daughter's boyfriend). Not bad.

Oh yeah...Daniel Craig is the druggie-builder, right? I remember that one...anything with DC is entertaining :)

For anyone who's interested in other interesting Daniel Craig movies: Love is the Devil, with Derek Jacobi as Francis Bacon the artist. DC is his crazy lover.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Despicable Me. Voices are great, funnier sight gags, and you gotta love those minions!

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Saw "Escape Plan" Thursday night. It proves that Sly and Arnie have still got it - action, a little humor, nothing ground-breaking in the acting department.

When compared to "Expendables 2", it also proves Sly should stay in front of the camera.

Also saw "Planes" at the discount theater Friday morning. It didn't have the heart of "Cars", but it was far superior to "Cars 2". I laughed out loud at several parts. I teared up a couple of times. Good ride. I think the problem is the high expectations for Pixar. When an A student gets a B-, it feels like a failure - Pixar has the same problem.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Saw "Escape Plan" Thursday night. It proves that Sly and Arnie have still got it - action, a little humor, nothing ground-breaking in the acting department.

Yeah, a lot of fun. And I'm a girl (so don't let anybody tell you it's a guys-only movie).

Watched "No One Lives" last night. Better than I expected. Lots of gore.

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
In the past three days: Barton Fink. Girl 27. Of Dolls and Murder. House on Haunted Hill (original). The Counselor, which was so creatively terrible I can't stop myself from telling everyone about it. I had high hopes for a Ridley Scott/Cormac McCarthy collaboration, believe me.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
So many of Roger Corman's movies are my "comfort watching." Campy, over-the-top, unintentionally funny.
---

True to all that.

Yet, he made The Intruder, with William Shatner (of all people) as a bigot, and it was an excellent picture. It was also the only picture that never made him any money. But for all its limitations, it was a really good flick.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959) with James Mason and Pat Boone (non-existent Scottish accent). Loved that flick growing up--it was a staple in my family to watch every year when I was a kid. So much better than the remake, and I can see where Spielberg got his ideas for the Indy Jones series. (This picture as well as Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea).

Lots of fun.

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
Carrie, the original. Great film.

Planning on watching The Lords of Salem today. Mike Stoklasa's review made it look good -- am looking forward to it.

TheNighSwan

Banned
Reaction score
Planning on watching The Lords of Salem today. Mike Stoklasa's review made it look good -- am looking forward to it.

Plus you get to play the Rob Zombie Drinking Game (take a shot every time a character whines, screams or has the same hairstyle as Rob Zombie).