Last Movie You Watched...

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
The Three Musketeers. The 2011 version with flying airships (steampunk FTW) and Orlando Bloom as the evil Lord Buckingham. I LOVED the movie.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Hesher. That was pretty good. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is almost unrecognizable. I'm liking him more and more as an actor. And the kid who play TJ - Devin Brochu - is excellent. Poor kid gets the sh*t kicked out of him every five seconds. . .

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
$5 A Day. Dad and son road trip movie, Christopher Walken gives a pretty good performance as a petty con man. Sharon Stone only has a bit part but she plays it well. Not great, but worth watching.

Before that was Happy, Texas. Steve Zahn is insane but the movie was actually pretty funny.

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. I really, really loved it. I'm not saying it was a great literary masterpiece or anything, and the plot was sort of hanging on by a thread, but the characters were such a lovely refreshing change of pace from the usual stilted Hollywood stereotypes.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"I Am the Law"

I checked out Dredd last night. Good, tough, and direct like a hard punch to the jaw.

Probably a little too much like The Raid, but I enjoyed the movie as an action movie that doesn't skimp on the action.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hanna. It was pretty good.

The Dilemma. Good cast, quite enjoyable.

skunkmelon

Randomly curious
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferponce.com
My oldest son and I watched the funniest movie I've seen in a loooong time. It's called Tucker & Dale vs Evil and I highly recommend it if you: love horror movies, love funny movies, enjoy misunderstandings that lead to fictional college students committing accidental suicide while protecting themselves from hillbilly horrors that aren't horrors at all but baffled by said college students screaming, running, and impaling themselves (accidentally) on sharp, pointy objects at the very sight of them. Oh yes. It's that good.

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
Les Mis last night. I was actually disappointed. I mean the acting, the singing, and visually it was amazing but I just don't think a musical is the best medium for this story. There is so much more going on than in conveyed in the songs. I mean Valjean goes from being a con on the run to being a mayor with no explanation of how he did it. And Javert's suicide was also without explanation. I mean, I know why these things happen because I've read the book and seen other versions, but I can see why a lot of people (read "my husband") would pretty much stab their eyes out if they had to sit through the whole thing.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
My oldest son and I watched the funniest movie I've seen in a loooong time. It's called Tucker & Dale vs Evil and I highly recommend it if you: love horror movies, love funny movies, enjoy misunderstandings that lead to fictional college students committing accidental suicide while protecting themselves from hillbilly horrors that aren't horrors at all but baffled by said college students screaming, running, and impaling themselves (accidentally) on sharp, pointy objects at the very sight of them. Oh yes. It's that good.

One of my all time favorite "horror" movies. And I quote that because it's so much more than just horror. It's like the BEST twist on a teen slasher film I've ever seen. Hubs and I had tears rolling down our faces from this film. I think it's probably one of the most underrated horror films. Way waaay waaaaaaaaaay better than Cabin in the Woods. IMO

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Parker. I'm a Jason Statham fan, so I was going to like the movie regardless, however I felt that J-Lo's character was underused.

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
Forrest Gump. I hadn't watched it in years. I forgot how how much I love this movie.

My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
figaroooooooooooooo

Last edited:

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
Forrest Gump. I hadn't watched it in years. I forgot how how much I love this movie.

My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.

One of my top five favorite movies of all time. When you're flippin' channels and it's on, you have to stay and watch.

StevenHarvey1990

Registered
Reaction score
I was in the mood for a movie with nice scenery but wasn't sure what genre and stumbled across a little gem I hadn't heard of before - Rogue.

It's a beautifully shot... wait for it... killer croc movie. Radha Mitchell and Sam Worthington star. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend. Sure there are some plot holes but it's a good popcorn flick nonetheless. Check it out, if only for the beautiful landscapes.

I love Horror movies and I'm surprised I missed this. Anyhow Greg Mclean directs another movie I'm curious about - Wolf Creek. Anyone seen it? Good?

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I re-watched the Smurfs AND the entire Chipmunks series with my kids. The devil is a lie!

Some things parents shouldn't be made to endure.:cry:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Horrible Bosses - Quite funny. The bosses were spectacularly portrayed (Spacey, Farrell, and Anniston).

Jadefg

Registered
Reaction score
Sinister. Sinister, indeed. I was expecting a scare. I got a laugh. Oh well at least I got to see Ethan Hawke.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Y'know, Kitty, you and I once talked about Alvin and the Chipmunks and how bad it is for your mental health and once again, here we are, and here I am, telliing you you're CRAZY for putting yourself through that agony.

:D

On the lighter side, I re-watched Ravenous. Very unusual movie which sort of falls short in the 'spirit possession' idea but goes long in the acting and grossness department. Excellent performances by the entire cast. Bloody as hell--ain't all these flicks?--but very well done.

I've already given my views on Tucker and Dale--really funny, funny send-up of the stupid-college-kid-slasher genre--I'll just say that it's very, very good.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Y'know, Kitty, you and I once talked about Alvin and the Chipmunks and how bad it is for your mental health and once again, here we are, and here I am, telliing you you're CRAZY for putting yourself through that agony.

:D

On the lighter side, I re-watched Ravenous. Very unusual movie which sort of falls short in the 'spirit possession' idea but goes long in the acting and grossness department. Excellent performances by the entire cast. Bloody as hell--ain't all these flicks?--but very well done.

I've already given my views on Tucker and Dale--really funny, funny send-up of the stupid-college-kid-slasher
genre--I'll just say that it's very, very good.

The things we do for our kids!

I need a good dose of Takashi Miike to cleanse my palate,lol.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mildred Pierce starring Joan Crawford. Excellent, all around. Some of the scenes were beautifully shot, and the use of light/shadows and mirrors was amazing.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Last watched: Warm Bodies. Love, love, loved it! I went it in expecting funny, cute, and stupid--and there are elements of that, to be sure, but there's a lot more to it. Excellent.