Last Movie You Watched...

djunamod

Registered
Reaction score
Last movie I watched was "Uncle Vanya" (Laurence Olivier's 1960's made-for-British-TV movie), based on a play by Chekhov. Brilliant, but then, when you pair Chekhov and Olivier together, you can only achieve brilliance :D.

In another 10 minutes, I'll be watching "Born Yesterday" (with Judy Holiday). Also a brilliant film, though, truthfully, I think either Bette Davis or Gloria Swanson should have won the Oscar for that year (darn Anne Baxter for lousing things up for Davis ;) ).

Djuna

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The Skeptic (Tim Daly, Zoe Saldana). Unexpectedly good. Daly's facial expressions were perfect. I turned it on expecting to write with one eye and watch with the other. I put my computer down and just watched. Highly recommended.

Himmie

Jade Lady
Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I saw in theaters was The Avengers for my brithday. Personally I liked it. The last movie I watched on TV/DVD was Resident Evil, simply because my roommate and our friends wanted to watch it on DVD along with the others. I fell asleep during the first one.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
MIB3. It wasn't bad - very funny from the first appearance of J and K, plus the villain and conflict was awesome. I particularly liked the Warhol's Factory sequence.

(Served with trailers, including:
Prometheus - yes!
Spiderman - they showed practically the whole movie, too.
Rock Of Ages - you gotta be kidding me. I threw up in my mouth a little, but at least not in the other places they show in the trailer :( )

Last edited:

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Prometheus

What a waste of time. Absolutely hated the soundtrack --So bad, so distracting.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Children of Men. I'm not a PD James fan (too depressing for me), and yes, this was grim, grim, grim. But the scene where Kee and Theo are walking through the fighting and everyone just STOPS to stare at the baby... perfection.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prometheus. Loved it. The soundtrack is awesome. Fassbender=hotness. There were a few plot holes, but I still was impressed.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Very good, but sagged in the middle. Overall I'd say the first was better, because it was a tighter plot. The second has already fallen prey to James Bond plot bloat. But the acting was wonderful. Stephen Fry FTW.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
War Horse

Very good flick! I was very drawn into it.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
John Carter.
Conan the Barbarian.

I wanted to love John Carter but came away horribly disappointed in all the crap they added that was never in the books. Was it a good action movie? Yes. Was it what Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote? No.

On the other hand, I went in wanting to hate Conan the Barbarian (2011) and was happily pleased when I did hate the first half hour of backstory. Why does Hollywood feel they need to give motivation to why characters do things? But once the movie actually started, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a pretty good action movie.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - I really like Downey's quirky great detective, and Law's effective Watson. Not as good as the first (Mark Strong and an actual mystery) but fun.

Wind Ann Wise

The Quiet One
Registered
Reaction score
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1. I can't believe we have to wait 'til November to find out how it ends!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Watched Galaxy Quest--again. There are some movies you watch once and love them, and there are some flicks you just have to watch again for the priceless dialogue or reactions. Galaxy Quest is such a flick. Same deal with Mystery Men.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Aladdin. It's my favorite animated Disney movie ever. I just love the Genie.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The abomination known as Ghost Rider 2 - OMG Awful. Cage looked insane. The worst acting ever from 'ol Nick (and it'w not even close). Manic and lousy. But, the Rider shots did look cool, ya gotta give it that...

LongWave

Registered
Reaction score
The abomination known as Ghost Rider 2 - OMG Awful. Cage looked insane. The worst acting ever from 'ol Nick (and it'w not even close). Manic and lousy. But, the Rider shots did look cool, ya gotta give it that...

What happened to Nick Cage? His role choices and acting are abysmal in recent years.

I watched the movie Drive the other day...decent flick.
I also watched the new Clash of the Titans out of curiousity. I was a huge fan of the old one so I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised at the recent one (not Wrath of Titans).

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
What happened to Nick Cage? His role choices and acting are abysmal in recent years.

I watched the movie Drive the other day...decent flick.
I also watched the new Clash of the Titans out of curiousity. I was a huge fan of the old one so I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised at the recent one (not Wrath of Titans).

-----

Disliked the newest Clash of the Titans. Great CGI (it's expected) but the story was a tiresome rehash. The older version had the creaky Dynamation but it happened to be rather charming with the cutest owl around. Nice nod to Bubo in the newer version but still...the remake had absolutely no charm whatsoever.

Wrath of the Titans should have stayed in the can.

On a mythological note, I liked Immortals mainly for the visuals but found the story lacking.