Last Movie You Watched...

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
The Muppets (2011). I wanted to hate it. I don't care for that actor from how I met your mother. And the story is was so old hat. But it just brought back memories of how great the tv show was and by the end I realized I had enjoyed it

Rise of the planet of the apes. Better than I expected. Amazingly real special effects.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hunger Games.

And I'm with you on the Muppet Show. Come back, Jim Henson. We need you.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't quite a movie. It's called '30 grader i februari'

Its a Swedish 10 part series about three different families set in Thailand. It has truly been one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. I believe you can check it out on svtplay.se If you cant read swedish, the subtitles wont do you any good. :p I hope to see this translated to someday for a wider audience. It truly deserves it.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Hunger Games. Good movie, but I didn't read the book, so I didn't have anything to compare it to. I thought the actress who played Katniss did a wonderful job.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Over the past week I've seen Planet of the Apes , Green Lantern, Immortals, and Skyline and I have enjoyed them all VERY much. Very entertaining. I rolled my eyes in the beginning of Green Lantern and told my husband, "I don't think I'm going to like this." Well, I ended up loving it and he fell asleep. haha.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Over the past week I've seen Planet of the Apes , Green Lantern, Immortals, and Skyline and I have enjoyed them all VERY much. Very entertaining. I rolled my eyes in the beginning of Green Lantern and told my husband, "I don't think I'm going to like this." Well, I ended up loving it and he fell asleep. haha.
---

Skyline sucked. Derivative script, and speaking of derivative, Green Lantern suffered the same fate. Only thing that made it watchable was Ryan Reynolds' performance and the fact that I'm a Justice League geek. Fine special effects and good music but someone call the script doctor, please! Immortals was a beautifully shot movie, the visuals were impressive...and the story sorta dragged. Mickey Rourke was miscast. Great in Ironman 2 but not here. Haven't seen POTA yet.

Did watch Captain America, though, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing The Avengers this summer.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Till Human Voices Wake Us - A lovely, haunting story.

LongWave

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Riley's.
A decent movie. Moves slowly, but it makes you think about how the slightest thing could affect the outcome of specific decisions in life.

James Gandolfini was difficult to watch in this movie. His accent was all over the place.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Crucible of Horror (aka The Corpse). Hammer film from the early 70s (I think). Creepy! Sadistic, domineering patriarch pushes downtrodden wife and rebellious daughter too far and they kill him... maybe. similar to Diabolique, but moodier. 4 stars because it stayed with me through the next day, creeping me out.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
We Bought a Zoo

I broke down and watched this with my 9 year old. It was actually really good. I am still in awe of the actress that played the little girl. How on earth can someone that young act so freaking well!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
---

Skyline sucked. Derivative script, and speaking of derivative, Green Lantern suffered the same fate. Only thing that made it watchable was Ryan Reynolds' performance and the fact that I'm a Justice League geek. Fine special effects and good music but someone call the script doctor, please! Immortals was a beautifully shot movie, the visuals were impressive...and the story sorta dragged. Mickey Rourke was miscast. Great in Ironman 2 but not here. Haven't seen POTA yet.

Did watch Captain America, though, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing The Avengers this summer.

I actually really enjoyed all the movies and while they are not nominee worthy in anyway, they kept me entertained. We are not talking Oscar movies here and I knew that going into them so I didn't let things like poor script writing or delivery get in the way. And I didn't find any of them so horribly bad that it interrupted my ability to just enjoy an entertaining action packed Hollywood type film. I just found them to be fun. And funny enough, I saw Captain America a few weeks ago and...I fell asleep. So did my husband. :)

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
---
...and speaking of derivative, Green Lantern suffered the same fate. Only thing that made it watchable was Ryan Reynolds' performance and the fact that I'm a Justice League geek. Fine special effects and good music but someone call the script doctor, please!
I had a different reaction. I thought Green Lantern was a decent movie DESPITE Ryan Reynolds.

rsiquet

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I watched was Hunger Games.

It was a pity too, because I had just watched Winters Bone a few weeks before and I thought hey - same actress - this other movie might be pretty good.

No Dice. I thought it sucked.

rsiquet

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing Lost in Translation. It was pretty enjoyable.

I can dig it - I thought that was a terrific movie. If you liked that, you might also like Bill Murray in Broken Flowers; if you haven't seen it already. I liked that one as well.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Darkest Hour - I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. Emile Hirsch was superb (for what the movie was).

LongWave

Registered
Reaction score
--The Bang Bang Club--
Very interesting peek into the lives of these photographers. Very sad though.

Flowerfairy

Lady Entropia
Registered
Reaction score
Got the chance to watch Act of Valor today with hubby. I love the special effects, the heartbeat of the men (seal) while they moved into enemy territory. The storyline is fantastic. I wonder how the game version will look like.