Last Movie You Watched...

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
"Shaun the Sheep," in the same style as, "Wallace and Grommit," is silliness and fun for all ages, especially if you raise sheep, because you know they're up to something as soon as you turn your back.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I agree about the action scenes - too much slow motion.
It wasn't even the slow motion--I just didn't feel emotionally invested in any of them. Since they take place outside of the actual prison/bordello/whatever, the stakes were more like those in a video game--here's your objective and some faceless mooks, go blow stuff up.

These Mean Streets

We Could Be Heroes
Registered
Reaction score
I believe last night I saw my winner for 'The Worst Movie I've Seen in 2012 Award':

Wild At Heart directed by David Lynch.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I had a double feature-

ATTACK THE BLOCK, a British sci-fi/horror/comedy/light social commentary piece of awesome. So glad I heard the word of mouth on it, I cannot recommend it enough. Every single actor was amazing.

HOUSE- gotta love 80's horror comedies. Haven't seen this in years (since I saw it on Cinemax as a kid and it warped me a bit, I think) It's still insane- I adore it.

The, "House," series was a fun set of movies. I still laugh about the electrician's tool box, and that was the 80's last time I watched them...

"Attack the Block," watched it last night. It was good, fun and worth the rental. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
You young'uns are so quaint. Back in my day, there warn't no gadjits like them thar Vee-Cee-Arrs or Dee-Vee-Dee players.

However, we had other ways to torment our parents. I remember seeinng Disney's Cinderella in the theater. The only tie-in was a couple of 45RPM records with two songs from the movie. Which I played over and over and over... I'm not sure what's worse: an entire movie on the living room TV on repeat, or two songs in an endless loop.

And kids wonder why their parents can be short-tempered.

Hee hee! I had the soundtrack album of the Artistocats I did that with. Evil laugh...

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
I checked out two from the library that were very good. One was "Katyn," a Polish movie about the murders of the Polish officer corps by the Russians in 1940 in Katyn forest. Addressed issues I hadn't even considered, like them trying to convince the Poles that the Germans had done it when they invaded in 1941, and the aftereffects of it while living under the Russian regime for 40-something years afterward.

Also "Die Welle," or "The Wave," a German film about teaching a group of students about authoritarianism, and the project going out of control during one week.

I recommend both. Unless you can't handle subtitles.

A.r.p.

Banned
Reaction score
The Artist. It was great. Very creatively imagined. Wonderful acting. Pretty funny throughout. A very basic plot that if it were handled by anyone other than a master would be terribly boring, but I was enraptured and entertained and even moved a little bit.

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
The newer "Three Muskteers" with Logan Lerman, Mila Jovovich, Titus Pullo Ray Stevenson, Matthew MacFayden and my future husband Luke Evans. I came in expecting nothing and came out enjoying the heck out of it. A lot of fun. The entire cast looked like they were having fun which made the movie infinitely more enjoyable IMO

Richard Alan Phipps

Registered
Reaction score
Fortunate to catch The French Connection earlier.

If you're writing a detective drama, it's a must watch.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
The Darkest Hour

Watched mainly because it's set in Russia (even though it's an American movie) and I lived there for two years, so I was curious.

The shots of Moscow turned out to be the only good thing about the movie.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Rubber. If you think you can make a movie about a killer tire, then you do it!:D

Very weird...but not bad.

AnnikaHTDC

Registered
Reaction score
I watched The Shining last night. It was really good. Very creepy and tense, with wonderful imagery. The only problem was I couldn't stop thinking about "The Shinning" from The Simpsons.

"That's odd. The blood usually gets off at the second floor."

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
The Sitter. Surprisingly, I thought it was hilarious.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Airplane!

You know, there are comedy, especially recently comedy that tends to be too topical or repetitive and get stale quite quickly. Airplane! Is not one of them, for me, it never stops to be funny no matter long has happened or how many times I have seen it.